Lasagna and Delerium Tremens

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
I call it a match made in heaven. Except for the dogs slingshotting from the bedroom back to the couch and then back again, I am happy. Working number two when the lasagna comes out. I swear I have brewed a beer with that yeast...

photo-727039.jpg

I will take a picture of the lasagna when it comes out. I am super excited because it is a new recipe. Zuchini, almonds, three cheeses, homemade tomato and basil sauce. Delicious!

yummy stuff that Tremens!

I just had North Coast Thelonious with pizza.

Belgian beers and Italian food seem to go really well together...

Don't tell them that though ;) Start a long and drawn out war if you inform one that the other goes well with the other.

I am about to pull out and take a picture of the lasagna.

So the`lasagna came out and I am waiting for it to cool so that I can eat it.

photo-770389.jpg

just popped an IPA and once finished will be the other Delerium Tremens

photo-722496.jpg

and it's out! The almonds are great (toasted and then blended in the blender a good minute) on the top and on the second layer. The cheeses are nice. I never make a dry or too liquid lasagna because the noodles to sauce ratio is just about right. THis one comes it quite cheesy, but fantastic. I am happy with it and will be eating it for the next three days or so.

photo-779925.jpg

By the by, this is a vege lasagna. I like meat in them, but I like a tasty vege lasagna as well. Sausage is the meat of choice, or hamburger. Light on the veges if you do so. I grated and salted my zuchini and then pushed as much juice out of it in a colander.

If I had to make this again I might use some more sauce. I could tell that early. Tried to make up for it with cheese, but needed more sauce. Not dry by any stretch of the mind, but needs more sauce. I just canned my own the other night and so I didn't want to open two quarts when I really needed one and a quarter.

The lasagna looks good, but you can keep the DT. Is guess if you have a mouthful of pasta it might be tolerable.

Back