Double Pitching Wyeast 1028

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armen_Tamzarian

Reaction score
I'm wondering what would happen if I pitch an extra packet a few days later if I'm seeing no fermentation. (started at about 1.068) Also, if I did this would I need to aerate the wort again? I need to be patient for a few more days but this is on the back of my mind. Also temperature...it's hot and I'm assuming my average temp for this porter is around 74 F...call me crazy. Thanks all!

Also...When I first pitched my yeast it was at 77. Hoping I didn't just destroy it, temperature has only gone down since then. Kinda had issues with lack of swelling originally. Just curious. thanks

I would check the gravity before bothering with more yeast. sometimes you won't notice activity and at temps that hot its possible it burned thru real quickly. if fermentation hasn't started, id get those temps <70F asap

I've got in a mini fridge to drop in from 75 downward. I know rapid change in temp isn't a good thing and that it will probably rise again so I think I'm just going to let it get to like 66 -68 and put it back in the closet

Back