Tap room, your opinion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestyal

Reaction score
So this is the idea we (my sis and i)have for the downstairs family room. Right now it's my mother bedroom but that will probably be changing soon. Just wanted your opinion on it, its not proportionate at all but it's a pretty good size space. It's will be opening out to an outdoor stone oven with some nice furniture with it. Anything you think doesn't work or will work better please post. (but the fireplace is already there so it wont move) thanks.:mug:
P4100281.JPG

Yeah, move the fireplace. I mean geez, what are you thinking! ;)

Seriously, looks great. My only question would be on the tap lines. Where are you keeping the kegs cool and how would the lines be routed and also cooled?

I know a lot of people on this forum put their taps on the bar so that the lines run directly below to their keezer.

Good luck with the build. :mug:

I'd move the dartboard to the left wall where one of the chess pieces is. To keep the flow of traffic from possibly disrupting the dart game or having someone stumble in one of those doors and get a dart in the head. Other than that looks good to me and wish I had that kind of space.

good point on the dart board, and i *ahem* wasn't thinking of a tv. Wanted it to be more of a social thing. (people around here glue to a tv and don't talk to one another) The kegs are (planned) to go under the taps, i just didnt draw it in.

What kind of fireplace is it? Reason I ask is if its not gas you might want to rethink the bar stools in front of it, would be hot sitting in front of a wood stove, or open pit fire place.

More power to you with no tv. Sometimes I wish I could do the same more interaction, less staring at the wall . But I'm a sports junkie so it could never fly. Looks like a sweet setup though.

Depends how you want it. But maybe have the bar jut out of the side wall instead to give you some more floor space? Just food for thought.

It's a gas oven in the corner, we own one it's just going to be installed thats all. As for the bar setup, the counter is that was because there's a support beam for the house in the middle of the room. It utalizes the beam to our benift.

I actually really like that! (cant have the view but hey...) That wall is currently just a window, an ugly and not energy effecient window.

We're planning on doing an addition to our house in a few years and want to put a nanawall in that will open on a deck and outdoor kitchen. *dreams* someday...

Okay, another question. Upon searching for kegerators we have realized that putting it beneath the taps as planned would leave us with...no room behind the bar. There is a closet behind that wall that is deeper then it is. (Meaning the back wall 'could' be knocked out because it extends farther then it does now) The problem...were renting. Our landlords are awsome and dont care what we do to the place (besides destroy it) but i would have to run this one past them. Everything in the room has to built to be removable. So my question is, does anybody have a better idea of where to put it?? I realize the pic is not proportinate but it's pretty close. The counter running from the hallway to the 'L' is about 5-6ft. Not that much. Any help on this would be appriciated.

Back