Black Friday Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Looked for a thread, but I either missed it or didnt see it.......

Whos brewing on black friday, and what are you brewing?

Youre not going shopping are ya?

Here is what I decided on....

14lbs of 2 row
1 lb of CarafaIII
1 lb of Crystal 60L

2oz Chinook @ 60
.5oz of Simicoe @ 30
.5oz of Amarillo @ 30
.5oz of Simicoe @ 15
.5oz of Amarillo @ 15
.5oz of Simicoe @ 5
.5oz of Amarillo @ 5

Wyeast 1056

Should get me close to a Stone Anniversary clone. Black Imperial IPA?
Dark Cascadian Ale? Almost 115 IBU, est OG 1.086

What ya think? What ya brewing?

Did I really put this in the recipes section??? Whoops.

that sounds like a GREAT idea - not sure what I'll brew yet but brew I will...rather than go shopping for sure.

Good point, maybe I'll name it Black Friday Stout...

Anyway, making a Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout with my dad, this ought to be fun.

My wife goes in for allergy testing in December. She ay be allergic to gluten or barley or ??? Were arent sure. I may be spending more time in the gluten free section of HBT

Brew on black Friday? I will be out with SWMBO shopping for a good chunk of the day. Spending time with the family for another chunk. And, recuperating from the 15,000 calories I consumed the day before.

No room for brewing in there.

Plus, my equipment will be 600 miles away. I guess that is my best reason.

Brewing a vanilla porter on Friday or Saturday. I'm not sure yet as I have to work on Friday and its the first time in probably 10 years. I already miss that 4 day weekend...

Brewing an Eisbock. We're calling it Chuck Norris. Chuck Norris doesn't do shopping.

I could brew I guess but that's the day the outside Christmas lights go up. They've been going up that day since our daughter was born. As for shopping, there's nothing I want or need that would drag my a$$ out to fight those crowds. Besides, nothing's better than putting up lights and drinking a couple of home brews!

I'll be brewing. As long as my order to brewmasterswarehouse gets here. I hope, I hope, I hope. Either Edwort's porter I've heard so much about or a mint chocolate stout for the holidays.

No brewing for me, I will actually be volunteering to work a cask ale event at a local brewery. Much better than shopping!!!

I'll be working because the 27th is an ad deadline for the magazine. Depending on how quickly things come in that day, I may well be brewing.

I will be bottling a spiced Christmas Ale and then a Winter Ale for New Years. Then it is off to the annual day after Thanksgiving afternoon Boston Bruins game. . .. ;)

well, will be forgoing the usual tradition of the shooting range with the men in my family for celebrating thanksgiving with my wife's fam, so no brewing either.

bummer... except, not cause i get 2 fantastic meals in 2 days and double the leftovers!! wohooo

Looked for a thread, but I either missed it or didnt see it.......

Whos brewing on black friday, and what are you brewing?

Youre not going shopping are ya?

Here is what I decided on....

14lbs of 2 row
1 lb of CarafaIII
1 lb of Crystal 60L

2oz Chinook @ 60
.5oz of Simicoe @ 30
.5oz of Amarillo @ 30
.5oz of Simicoe @ 15
.5oz of Amarillo @ 15
.5oz of Simicoe @ 5
.5oz of Amarillo @ 5

Wyeast 1056

Should get me close to a Stone Anniversary clone. Black Imperial IPA?
Dark Cascadian Ale? Almost 115 IBU, est OG 1.086

What ya think? What ya brewing?

Did I really put this in the recipes section??? Whoops.
that certainly looks close the the stone XI anniversary, are you dry hopping? It's a great beer :mug:

I'll be kegging my Amarillo IPA on Black Friday, and possibly brewing a chocolate stout or an imperial IPA. Not sure yet.

Brewing the Oyster stout recipe from the BYO article. With the Hops tweaked a little to my liking. Maybe the next day I'll brew another batch. It'll be awesome. Turkey, football, beer, naps, and making beer. What a great holiday weekend!

I'll be brewing. As long as my order to brewmasterswarehouse gets here. I hope, I hope, I hope. Either Edwort's porter I've heard so much about or a mint chocolate stout for the holidays.

yum! Mint chocolate stout. Well, I was gonna brew a nut brown but if I could get an easy recipe for that, things might change. Ive only made three batches, which were all kits, but I would love to make that if you had an easy recipe. Maybe an all extract with some steeping grains.

By the way, I just looked on that site. Do you just add mint to the chocolate stout? Thats something I definitely wanna do on black Friday!!

I've started a personal tradition of brewing dark beers on black friday. It started with an oatmeal stout a couple years ago. This year I'm going to do a Yule Gruit. I haven't finished the grain bill yet, but it's going to be dark and have heather, sweet gale, and mugwort for bittering and flavoring. I'm planning this one to be drinkable by Yule '10.

Gonna brew today, Next week is a no go for brewing.
swmbo b-day and black friday is part of what she considers part of her b-day and x-mas presents. SO, I will be shoppin and drivin to see family 110 miles away.

I am brewing a Red Ale and splitting the batch in half. One half will get Wyeast 1056 the other Wyeast 1084 (Irish Ale)

Had I thought about the "Black" in black friday, I would have planned a Black IPA that I've been thinking about

You couldn't get me to go shopping on Black Friday if you pointed a gun at my head...
I'll be brewing an AltBier. Plenty of time on my hands for a decoction mash.

I found out I don't have to work Thursday-Sunday, so it looks like I will be brewing a Stout on Friday!

I'll be working as a valet at the mall. It'll be hell but I should be able to afford quite a bit of equipment from tips. :ban:

Got started abouu 45 minutes ago.... Carafa III smells awesome, alot like a chocolate coffee?? Mashing grains and heating sparge water right now. I uppped my grain bill slightly, to used 15 lbs of 2 row instead of 14. No reason really other than 2row comes in 5 lb bags.

Back