Cold Crashing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouza

Reaction score
So...
I have made my freezer repair and am looking forward to putting it to use.
I've got three kits on the way to the house and hope to get them all brewed this weekend.
I'd like to set the temperature control to 68 degrees for a month or two and then cold crash all 3 (5 gallon carboys) in the same freezer. Obviously, I will not be able to bottle them all on the same day... it could take me a week (or two) to get the last one bottled (once I initially take the temperature down for the crash).
Question is...
Would this move, in any way negatively effect the outcome of the brew that is bottled last?
Thanks guys!

Shouldn't do anything bad at all. The only possible effect would be to settle more yeast out of the beer and result in less yeast in suspension for bottle conditioning, but after crashing for two days you're probably in the same place anyway. In at the end of the day, you'll have plenty of yeast in the last batch to bottle condition.

Latest posts

Back