wood 3 tier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
finally got around to building a 3 tier wood system. i went this route for the cheapness of it, i had most of the lumber/screws/etc. laying around my shop. a fun project to build. i didn't take pictures throughout the process, since it was relatively easy and straightforward to build. if there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

dimensions:

height of HLT: 94"
height of MLT: 70"
height of BK: 49"

height includes 3.5" casters each rated for 225 lb.

the base is 25" (W) x 69" (L)

here's some pics:

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

out at our research farm, we got rid of an old soil aeration system that had inline thermometers. the entire copper manifold was just sitting on the scrap pile and I was able to salvage 3 of the thermometers with a 4" stem with 1/2" threads. they only go up to 200 deg, but work fine for my HLT.

DSC00207.jpg

thanks for lookin! :mug:

Nice, this is similar to what I'm planning on doing just different heights for cooler and burners. Gotta build a little set of rolling stairs to go next to it too.

I am looking to get some sort of stand built when I get into a bigger place later this summer. I will have an 8 gallon HLT, 10 gallon MLT (cooler), and my keggle. Since I came into some extra play money, I ordered a March 809 to do all my pumping for me. Trying to keep it pretty simple.

This also means that I will also be able to use my CFC I built a couple months ago. I will most likely plagerize your setup but with some modifications if I go the wood route...I might just go with a 2 shelf setup, but will see. Still have time to plan and whatnot.

yeah, i considered getting a march but had plenty of wood and didn't want to spend the coin... i will someday, but this should suffice for a while. there would be no plagiarism, this resulted from studying a bunch of others and just slapping some wood together! good luck with yours.

Latest posts

Back