Damnit! Must unlucky brew session ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjasghar

Reaction score
a list of what went wrong brewing 12/29/07

1) Grains fell in to pot
2) Oily/Soapy bubbles on top of seeping
3) Grain bag broke _after_ i re did the initial seep
4) Cat knocked over my extract :(
5) Wort in the eye
6) Wort on the shirt

And a lonely brew, no one to brew with :(.

Bulls Beers said:
Wort in the eye did it for me...Sorry dude.

yeah droping the candi sugar in the pot dont look directly into it....

live and learn...

oh yeah and dont drink ALOT before hand...and durring....and still...drinking :p.:mug:

jjasghar said:
yeah droping the candi sugar in the pot dont look directly into it....

live and learn...

oh yeah and dont drink ALOT before hand...and durring....and still...drinking :p.:mug:

Atleast your buzzed and having fun..:ban:

Get this - today, I didn't start on my batch till 3:30.... I ground grain and heated strike simultaneously, trying to time the two.... Heated to 160, kept grinding, went out it was 170, turned burner off. Rounded up things, brought ground grain out, had nice 168F strike water like I wanted. Went to start preheating the mash tun ...

and UGH! it reeks! I never emptied the grains from the RIS two nights ago. Ughhhh. Emptied quickly, rinsed, rinsed, rinsed, came back and water dropped to 162. Cranked the burner back on, came in here to post somethin, went back out, I was at 180. EEP.

Added some cold water to cool it down, and finally got rolling with my 150* mash temp. I hit 151, and ramped down to 148 over 75 min.

Comedy of f'ing errors, and I wasn't even druck yet. Just... frantic.

On the bright side, 4:45 start to finish, including grinding grain. But not including rinsing the mash tun, WHICH I WILL REMEMBER tomorrow morning.

It won't make anyone feel better, but I sailed through an extract brew in 2.5hrs start to finish and I was buzzing the whole way. That 2.5hrs inluded 1.25hr of waiting for my 4 gallons of 40° tap water to boil.

If I had been doing AG, it would have been a disaster. :cross:

Back