Having a bad day at work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
One of our tower crews went to stab a tower after digging the hole and hit a water main feeding a near by subdivision. This is AFTER the site had locates performed. Apparently the residents were very vocal about having no water for a few hours while they fixed the pipe.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Evergreen LS Water Main Break 008.jpg

Evergreen LS Water Main Break 007.jpg

Evergreen LS Water Main Break 006.jpg

We've hit underground power services while driving ground rods. The odds of hitting a 1 inch diameter cable are astronomical, yet we've managed to do it.

atleast it wasnt a gas pipeline or underground powerline!!

I've seen that happen on a jobsite. There were so many construction workers running for the exits, you'd have thought it was Miller time on a Friday. Of course I was 25 feet in the air on a scissors lift, so it took me longer to get out........
At least it was the foreman that hit the gas line, so no one got in trouble.

My favorite digging accident was when I worked for Wells Fargo in SF. A crew cut the containment for the fibre optics from the data center. No problem, we had a redundant set of fibres coming out the other side of the building ...

and looping around the block to run through the same containment!

too many tower stories to tell here.

I remember one day that I had a boss tell me to go to full power when I had a tower painting crew in the air.

I told him... death of a tower crew is not something you want on your resume.

Back