Finaly I am a BREWER!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagamore

Reaction score
damn IT

IT was bound to happen,

Now I Have a beer going on.

I swear all i wanted was a little mead, but nooooo i could not stop.
It a milk stout with a start SG of 1.063, and projected IBU of 44-48(no idea how i would messure that). But it is in a 6 gallon primary, looks like i have about 5.5 gallons, and it went from soft(better bottle not a glass carboy) to Rock Hard, and bubbling about every 4 to 5 seconds in under 20 hours. it was placed in the fermychamber ~0.45 this am, and when i got home at 18.25 it was alread going good. I did not use my uber-SCUBA O2 setup to put O2 in to it, i shook the piss out of the carboy, and that looks like to worked great, Waiting on the last adapter so i can go from 200ish bar in the decon scuba tank, to 2bar at the second side of the priamry regulator, and will use that to quick airate(sp?) the sweet wart. I will take more pics on saturday when i do an IPA.

P1040019.jpg

not quite ready for bottling, atleast 3 weeks away, possibly more, but thought i would get some fliptops bottles, but i fail to see the point in paying for them with out beer in them, so i went and got some beer. as seen here.

P1040026.jpg

dont know why the case of Heller Bock had a single Das Schwarze in it, but it was good. sadly no pics of it in a glass, but the others look great.

P1040027.jpg

look how clear and filterd the Heller Bock is and very damn good. Damn thats good.
The good
Great flavor
very smoth
very clean finish.
Cheaper then the Keiler

The bad
not so cool of a bottle but it is (.5l)
P1040028.jpg

and now the Keiler Weissbier
The good
Fruity, sota a banana taste
Very good bottle
Very cool bottle (.5l)
good taste, but not as good as the Heller

The bad
Not as smooth as the Heller
finish not quite as clean, but oddly better(dont know why)
Cost per bottle not as good, 17.45 per 16 with deposit.
P1040029.jpg

Yeah the Heller is the winner, and it was only 18.65usd per 20 (with deposit(like the bottles are ever going back))

I love my flip tops. Stout in 12 oz., the rest in the Flip-tops. My buddy's have a hard time remembering to return the flip tops, so they get the 12 oz.ers. Welcome and happy hopping!

Good choice on the fliptops.
I use them also for some of my batches.
After a few uses you'll need to replace the gaskets, which you should be able to get from your homebrew supplier. :mug:

I love my flip tops. Stout in 12 oz., the rest in the Flip-tops. My buddy's have a hard time remembering to return the flip tops, so they get the 12 oz.ers. Welcome and happy hopping!

I've learned my lesson, nobody gets the flip-tops.

the beer glasses are from thinkgeek, was a gift from my father. :D while i dont program, am i an IT geek, and people that know me, think they fit me great.

Back