Beergas, Nitro, CO2... Options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GryphonBrew

Reaction score
Ok, so I've looked through the threads, but can't find anything definative. I'm trying to set up a stout faucet on beergas, but can't find anyone in Michigan to help me get it. So I could get a "blender" but don't want to drop $600 on a unit right now (or anytime in the future)....

So my question is this; can I force carb at a low volume of CO2 for my stouts and then just push them with pure Nitro? 2 seperate takns, 2 seperate regulators.

My local welding supply place will mix beer gas, have you tried welding supply shops?

Yes you can carb on CO2 and push with Nitro.

If your local welding gas supplier cannot get you beer gas, use argon/co2 at a 75/25 split. This is a common welding gas, but it also works perfectly for beergas ala a nitro/co2 75/25 split (Yuri was the first to post this IIRC).

:mug:

DeLau fire safety in Lansing can order beer gas. Perhaps give them a call and find out who their distributor is. It wouldn't surprise me if the distributor was closer to you than it was to Lansing.

Good stuff! Thanks all. The Airgas by me said the dont do the blend themselves, and that they send it to Lansing... Could be DeLau. The Airgas guys said that they often send out the tanks and never get them back... that worries me. I'll DeLau directly.

I believe Sharps fire supply in ann arbor fills. And theres a welding store in taylor that does too. There should be a welding supply store in auburn hills, roch hills or pontiac that would be closer. There are places. Ask the lhbs, i cant recall the name, but theyll know.

Back