Face palm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biergarden

Reaction score
Today was one of those perfect brew days. You know the kind I'm talking about. The yeast bank produced a health yeast starter, the strike water was spot on at 152*f after the grains were added, the starch conversion was right on time at 55 minutes, the OG settled in right on target of 1.052 and not a single boil over, which some home brewers embrace as a blessing, I don't. It sucks.
Then I transferred the wort into a clean, but un-sanitized fermenter. I have no idea when I last used that particular fermentor since it's a converted beer keg and blends in with the rest, including the one I sanitized for today.
Well, let's see what happens next.... For all I know a family of spiders was living in it at the time hehehe

face%20palming_zpsbi2d1n8x.png
[/URL][/IMG]

It came out like I expected it too, dispite the unsanitized fermenter. I used to keep all the brewing equipment outside and ferment in a 15.5 kegs. I stored it upside down at least, but there's no telling if a spider or other critter got up inside it.
But that just proves, to me at least, that Charlie was right when he said, "Relax and have a homebrew".
It was almost was refreshing to know that that kind of mistake wasn't fatal.
:mug:

Back