Recipe critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjer

Reaction score
I've got the Brewhaus all set up and my gear is working great, now I don't have the time to do an AG batch for a while....but I gotsta brew!
So, I'm going extract with a wheat beer to get thru these hard times. Plus I like wheats and haven't done one in about 20 months, soooooooooo....
How does this sound?

4 lbs dry wheat malt extract
.5 lb 2 row steeped
.5 lb crystal 20l steeped
.5 lb munich steeped

.5 oz cascade at 60 min
.5 oz cascade @ 30 min

Wyeast 1010 American Wheat

Kinda looking for a Widmer type of wheat, not a real estery one.

Thanks for critiquing (sp)

The crystal and munich sound great! I did a few summer wheats myself with a very similar recipe. The munich adds some malty/nuttiness, and the caramel adds great depth to the wheat. I'm not sure if you'll need the .5 lb 2-row; i'm fairly certain the wheat extract has barley in it. The cascades are great--but in my opinion, i'd do another addition around the 5 minute mark to let the flavors come through. 1010 -- a nice choice as well.

I'll cut out the 2-row and being that I like-a the cascades, I'll take a pinch in at 5 mins, as suggested. I'm getting eager to drink it now!! :mug:

Thanks!!

Back