Pork Chop Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquidicem

I love lamp!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a few pounds of pork chops and am looking for some good recipes. I would like to cook them on the grill but am open to any recipes. They are fairly thick chops, 1"-1 1/4". Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dutch Oven/Cast Iron Pork Chops

You will need:

Several boneless pork chops (seared before putting in oven)
sliced potatoes with skins
chopped cabbage
chopped onion
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
cooking oil about a ¼ to ½ cup (in bottom of pot before cooking)
½ cup water

In a large Dutch oven/cast iron pot layer sliced potatoes, chopped onions, then chopped cabbage. Add about ½ cup water. Place pork chops on the top then cover with cream of mushroom soup. Season to taste (I also added a little butter) Cover and cook in oven at about 400 to 415 degrees for 1 to 1 ½ hours. DELICIOUS!

I like my pork chops brined then grilled, the Alton Brown way. I made a batch last week and they turned out to be the best pork chops I ever had! The original recipe called for a cornbread stuffing, but who needs extra bread when you could have delicious meat?

4 double thick bone-in loin end pork chops
1 cup salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
1 tablespoon mustard powder
2 cups cider vinegar, heated
1 pound ice cubes

In a plastic container put the salt, sugar, peppercorns, and mustard powder. Add the hot vinegar and swirl to dissolve. Let mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes to develop flavor. Add ice cubes and shake to melt most of the ice. Add chops and cover with brine. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Remove chops from container and rinse. Grill the chops on medium high heat for 6 minutes on each side. Turn each chop 45 degrees after 3 minutes to mark.

Definitely brine first then grill. Any mass produced pork needs help in the moisture department. Pork is leaner these days than chicken breast! No fat on those to add juice or flavor.

I JUST ate pork chops for dinner.....

SWMBO and I's favorite way is to marinate them in apfelwein for as long as you can, at least an hour though...

Put a cast iron skillet in the oven at 500 and wait ~5min after it preheats. THEN put the skillet on the stove with the flame on high for another 5min. Basically you want this thing SCREAMING hot.

When you're ready slap those suckers on for 1min per side, use tongs to flip them. After both sides stick the skillet and the chops in the oven (still at 500*) for 2min per side.

Let them rest for about 5min before cutting and enjoy.......

It's basically and altered method Alton uses for steaks....

4oz of your favorite apa or ipa
clove garlic(minced)( or crushed)
1/4 onion diced fine
1 tsp season salt
1 tsp black pepper
dash of sage and parsely flakes

mix these together then puor over your chops in a ziploc bag and marinate for min 2hrs

heat grill to high on one side and medium on the other
sear chops on both sides, don't force em let the meat tell you when it's ready to flip( it'll release from the grate)
move to medium side and cook to desired doneness

drink the rest of the beer with dinner

I had pork chops last night and came up with something. I pulled an "experimental" chop out of the lot and put it in a separate pan. added about 4 tablespoons cuban coffee, 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce and BAM!!! It tastes like i marinated the chops in guinness. Just fartin' around makin up stuf.:cross:

Here's how I do chops:

1. Coat them with a thin coating of olive oil.
  2. Follow up with a thin coating of balsamic vinegar.
  3. Rub with light salt and pepper
  4. Sprinkle with dried herbs de provence.
  5. Grill 'till done, or sear both sides for 2 minutes on a roaring-hot cast iron pan and finish in 400F oven.

The herbs de Provence give a light flavor, and the lavender in the herbs goes really well with chops. The balsamic caramelizes to give some sweetness, but still retains some acidity. Tasty! Goes great with APAs.

I generally prefer my pork chops to be just sprinkled with garlic salt and then grilled 6 minutes per side depending on thickness. Last night tho, I tried something new and it was pretty good:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 sprigs rosemary
2 cloves minced garlic

marinade for 4 hours and then grill.

They're good when marinated then seared, and served with some maple syrup that's been cooked with red pepper flakes. Serve with mashed potatoes, or sweet potatoes if you like them....

Latest posts

Back