What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14 pack of gamma lids. Now I can stock up some grain.

20150127_185201[1].jpg

Email just told me that my STS-1000+ has arrived in the mail, going to go home and swap it for the existing STS-1000 control box so I can start playing with ramping ferm temperatures (and stop googling F to C conversions).

Thanks Blackboxbrew!

Eventually the 1000 will control the keezer and the 1000+ will control the ferment chamber I am building directly on top of the keezer (with fans blowing cold air up from the keezer, a la something like this but less nice looking: http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/The-Mother-of-All-Fermentation-Chillers )

8oz Simcoe, 8oz chinook, 8oz Cascade & 4oz of Goldings.

You know, you really shouldn't shop for hops online while you're partaking of the hops at home....

Time to get brewing!!!!

DOH!

Dip tube, post (gas and beer), and lid o-rings from mcmaster. Terrible website, but man do they have all the stuff I need these days!

Email just told me that my STS-1000+ has arrived in the mail, going to go home and swap it for the existing STS-1000 control box so I can start playing with ramping ferm temperatures (and stop googling F to C conversions).

Thanks Blackboxbrew!

Eventually the 1000 will control the keezer and the 1000+ will control the ferment chamber I am building directly on top of the keezer (with fans blowing cold air up from the keezer, a la something like this but less nice looking: http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/The-Mother-of-All-Fermentation-Chillers )

I went with Brewbysmith a week ago:
stc-1000%20pic7.jpg

He lives 20 min away from me and actually put it in the work mailbox and I grabbed it out a couple hours later! I did the DIY kit (with LED) and just finished making it.

It is working great, the only problem is that the refrigerator for ferm control is in the garage and it is 36F in there right now....Which means it will drop even lower when it's colder. Plugged it in 2 hours ago to see how long it will take to heat up (if it can all the way). I used a light bulb can heater setup for it, perhaps I will just upgrade to a 100watt bulb..

Got a kettle bazooka screen because it was on sale. Some say hops clog it, others say the hops help filter out break material. Inaugural run today. Also got some Brown Malt since I hadn't used it before and my LHBS only sells it by the sack. 1914 Courage here I come!

Got a kettle bazooka screen because it was on sale. Some say hops clog it, others say the hops help filter out break material. Inaugural run today. Also got some Brown Malt since I hadn't used it before and my LHBS only sells it by the sack. 1914 Courage here I come!

I love the bazooka screen for my mash tun, but I found that the hops did clog the thing when I was transfering to fermenter. However, if you brush the side of it with a spoon it'll clear the hops out. Ive just moved on to whirlpooling

6.5 gallon Glass Big Mouth Bubbler Evo 2 came in today and I plan on using it next week. Hopefully the issues from the old style have been fixed.

Shimano PD-M530 SPD pedals for my new road bike which will hopefully follow tomorrow. Got to compensate for increased beer consumption somehow.

My monster mill. :) Can't wait to start milling my own grain now. And while I appreciate their confidence in my abilities, including instructions have been nice.
View attachment 252171

I'd have to look, but my instructions looked like the nuts were on the inside. Which I thought was odd, but I did it. I should swap mine now.
Which MM is that?

Random box - some gaskets, 1 lb Golden Naked Oats, 29mm caps, and a red bottle capper ($5 from Midwest + $5 shipping).

LHBS has the larger capper bell on order, but couldn't get the larger caps from any of their suppliers for some reason.

Ade Advanced Optics Beer Wort and Wine Refractometer, Dual Scale - Specific Gravity 1.000-1.120 and Brix 0-32%, Replaces Homebrew Hydrometer (Aluminium)

51j51LnJtJL._SY450_.jpg

A Corratec Dolimiti Tiagra Compat, got nearly £300 off as its a 2014 model. View attachment 253928 I've already bought some shorts with padding in the back side 😎

Very cool. Looks like a nice bike. Tiagra is a nice group set, it'll allow you to upgrade in the future if you want without having to conver the whole bike. The shorts are key. They'll seem weird at first, but you'll get used to them. I used to work at a bike shop and have actually worn a pair for 8 hour shifts before haha

Williams Brewing Big Oxygen kit, delivered to the door at 10:30pm.

Yesterday I traded in the two helium tanks that I'd picked up somewhere along the way for an oxygen tank and a nitrogen tank + regulator.

Later this week my stout tap and gas line will arrive too; since Farmhouse Brewing had it I went with blue line, in contrast to the red CO2.

Back