more alcohol for cider???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamiloKong

Reaction score
hey, i'm about to get a p.o. box so i'm going to be able to get some badass yeast, has anyone ever tried making cider with distillers yeast? cause its pretty cheap and comes out with like up to 22% which i think is the same as turbo yeast. i use hogenson mill bread yeast usually, and it gets me and my friends really drunk, but i don't have a hydrometer so theres no way to know if it actually reaches 16%. i'd like to get cider that gets you drunk like instantly.

Your profile says under the Brew History that you are "underage." This is a forum for adults who are engaged in a hobby. You should probably take your search for cheap hooch elsewhere.

HBT Forum Rules

In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:
YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO PRODUCE HOME BREW IN YOUR STATE/COUNTRY TO REGISTER AND READ THIS FORUM. BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE.

yeah thats why i got into brewing cider, dont be a ****** im 23

yeah thats why i got into brewing cider, dont be a ****** im 23

He's not being a ******; expressing concerns about violation of forum rules is simply looking out for our community. And name calling generally makes one look like a ******. :D

If you want to discuss alternative yeast selection for cider making LOTS of people here will happily talk to you. Please fix your profile to properly indicate your age and use the search function; I suspect you will find some good information already posted.

If you want to get wasted instantly, just buy some everclear. Inject it into your veins. You might die, but hey, that's the risks underage kids take these days.

how about some suggestions for yeast??? its not about getting drunk, its about getting KRUNK and that cant be aquired without da cider

i second jaxn, if you want to make cider, make cider, and ENJOY it! if you just want to get wasted, buy name brand stuff with higher alcohol contents and drink that stuff.

Distiller's yeast is specialized in producing the highest ABV to maximize the amount that can be distilled, nothing more. Using it just for brewing will just make any brew an undrinkable hooch. There's more to homebrewing then just producing alcohol.

Distiller's yeast is specialized in producing the highest ABV to maximize the amount that can be distilled, nothing more. Using it just for brewing will just make any brew an undrinkable hooch. There's more to homebrewing then just producing alcohol.

Check his other thread. He wants to distill, not homebrew. This kid is just trying to get in trouble. I always laugh when I see these guys on the forums.

how about some suggestions for yeast??? its not about getting drunk, its about getting KRUNK and that cant be aquired without da cider

Lalvin d-47 is what I use for EdWorts Apfelwein. Also see THIS

If you are indeed going for "KRUNK" this get some applejuice, pour in everclear, and chug. Its cheaper and easier.

Cider is around 7% alcohol because that is all that the natural sugars will ferment out to. If you add sugar and raise it above 10%, it is no longer a cider, but a wine. So a "cider" with 22% ABV is not a cider.

As far as Turbo yeast goes, there are other recent threads either in the cider or wine forum.

One other note; if you are 24 why do you need a PO box for yeast?

I thought you were 23? Also, where would you use that still you wanted to buy if you live on the streets?

I thought you were 23? Also, where would you use that still you wanted to buy if you live on the streets?

so how does a person living on the streets get internet access or money to get "KRUNK" or buy a still or... etc

i'm going to guess this is a high school aged kid trying to make some hooch behind his parent's garage because he isnt old enough to get anything legally.

here's a tip for the OP: find a homeless guy and give him enough money to buy you and himself a bottle and call it a day..

so how does a person living on the streets get internet access or money to get "KRUNK" or buy a still or... etc

i'm going to guess this is a high school aged kid trying to make some hooch behind his parent's garage because he isnt old enough to get anything legally.

here's a tip for the OP: find a homeless guy and give him enough money to buy you and himself a bottle and call it a day..

I know, but I've found his excuses to be entertaining. :D

I guess I'm kind of a ******...

All right. That's enough. Fun's over.

We have a user who acknowledges no interest in craft brewing, no interest in buying or using a hydrometer, and in getting drunk "instantly". Then, namecalling in the second post.

This forum is for mature discussion making and enjoying quality craft brewed beer, wines, meads and ciders.

Please go to hooch.com or somewhere else to find information on hooch. Google is your friend. Please use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back