secodary,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
Wholy crap i racked the big ass texas brown ale into the secondary today ,and kept a little sip back for the taste test ,like i said wholycrap ,ill have to leave it in there for a couple of weeks to make it smooth out and leave it in the bottle for at least a month,it had anextremely strong alcohal taste,damn near like a weak vodka,,its gunna be gggggoooodddddd,:ban: .but any how ,i really should put the irish moss in at the end of the boil but it allready looks clearer ,so its all good it does have a large hop tase a big ass texas brown taste ,it surely will be a good winter beer for sitting by the camp fire ,cheers to ya buds ,bull:mug:sept.30th 2007,12:41pm

lol ,yea like one two three fall strong ,lol ,i think it was the four pounds of brown sugar i used . but ,after i put it in the secondary i added my hops now it seems to have started the second ferment ,is there such a thing ?

4 pounds of brown sugar? Have you been watching those Craigtube videos on youtube?

yep four pounds ,i did the same in a IPA it turned out very good with 8.7%.barely a noticable trace of brown sogar when you take a drink ,with no cidery affects ,and if it does have a cidery taste on this beer ,ill just leave it in the bottle for a few more weeks ,itll smooth right out ,your beer bud bull ,and the addition of the hops to the secondary is for taste and aroma ,did the bitter thing when i boiled it .your beer bud bull.

Back