found these in the wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
During a small project in the man cave came across three sleeves in pristine condition think they are from the 50's evidently they were sitting on the framing and they just rocked right over them.

IMG_0387.JPG

I once knew a builder that would leave a FULL Budweiser and a business card with the year written on the back of it in the stud space of every home he built.

That was my grandfathers favorite beer (actually it was Schaefer Light). That label sure does bring back some memories.

I once knew a builder that would leave a FULL Budweiser and a business card with the year written on the back of it in the stud space of every home he built.

I hope he left it in an interior wall. If not, it's good that he left his business card... that way when the beer explodes in the summer heat or winter freeze, the homeowner knows who to come after for the repair costs.:cross:

just did a search and it seems this was the slogan"Our Hands Has Never Lost Its Skill" used in 1933 at the repeal of prohibition because the Brooklyn Schaefer plant made Near Beer and factory dies the slogan was used into the early 40's my house was built in 1954 and these were found in the wall of the laundry room in the basement.

Schaefer Light won a gold medal in the "American-Style Light Lager" category at the 2001 Great American Beer Festival

Wow, I need to find some. Apperently, it's making a comeback.

Back