Patio air conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badmajon

Reaction score
Does such a thing exist? I live in Georgia and at night my wife and I like to sit outside in our covered porch and drink our homebrew. However it gets so hot during the height of the summer that its hard to spend any time out there sometimes. Aside from water misting systems, is there any kind of outdoor air conditioning solution out there? Ideas?

There isn't any such thing. A fan is pretty much your only option. Even if you put an air conditioner out there, it would have to be blowing directly in your face to feel it.

A lot of porches in Texas use ceiling fans. They have to be replaced every few years due to the humidity but it helps.

I know I have seen some that are called spot coolers. Kinda expensive. Then there are those outdoor evaporative cooler in all sizes too. I've seen them locally at Northern Tool and Equipment.

I know I have seen some that are called spot coolers. Kinda expensive. Then there are those outdoor evaporative cooler in all sizes too. I've seen them locally at Northern Tool and Equipment.

Swamp coolers are typically only used in areas with low humidity. They don't really work in places like Georgia.

Swamp coolers are typically only used in areas with low humidity. They don't really work in places like Georgia.

Well, they do have those ac stand up units. Problem is directing it exactly toward you and the noise they probably create. I really think a ceiling fan is the best thing to do or a really quiet standup fan. Believe me , I'm in Texas, not much to cool you down on a hot day but a cold beer in hand. :)

Misplaced_Canuck said:
Try a $10 box fan from Wal-mart.

MC

And put your bare feet in a small tub of water. Redneck as hell but man it keeps you cool!

Ceiling fan might work best. But there are the issues of, mounting, wiring, etc. I would use an osciollating fan instead of a box fan. This way there's no fighting over who gets the good spot.

Back