1st wine kit help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrage

Reaction score
I started a vitners reserve wine kit. I followed instructions to a tee, got to less than .980 before I went to the third step. I stirred as much as I could to get the CO2 out, until there were few to no bubbles. I left about 2 inches from the stopper. 3 days later I had wine in my airlock. I pulled a little off and replaced the airlock.

Is this batch screwed or can it be saved or what happened? I checked 2 days in a row to make sure fermentation stopped. What I pulled off didn't taste bad...

Thanks. That's refreshing!! First thing my wife said was I'm not drinking that. Good thing I got at least 6 months to change her mind.

Im betting you had a low pressure storm system roll through. When you have little headspace (which is good) and a storm rolls through with barometric swings this can happen, Ive seen it in my basement many times, just give your wine a little more space, Have a swig of that wine to give it just a bit more room.

Back