NB Extract Prices in 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicemon1972

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, Happy Brew Year!
I went to Northern Brewer's web site today after carefully crafting an extract recipe for a lovely MO ESB when I noticed that the extract prices for MO have gone up dramatically since they sent out the Holiday 2012 catalog.
3.15lb went from $9.99 to $10.99
6.0lb went from $15.99 to $$17.99
36lb went from $79.99 to $$99.99

Does anyone have any idea why? Funny thing is that the MO grain is still the same price as before.
Makes me think that it is time to upgrade to AG...

[QUOTE
Makes me think that it is time to upgrade to AG...[/QUOTE]

if you are serious about going AG, I just upgraded my MT, I have a 48qt MT that you could "borrow".

I am in Aurora, New York and Eola.

Hmmm. Home brewing popularity going up? Demand going up? Prices going up? No wai?

jdub1782 said:
[QUOTE
Makes me think that it is time to upgrade to AG...

if you are serious about going AG, I just upgraded my MT, I have a 48qt MT that you could "borrow".

I am in Aurora, New York and Eola.[/QUOTE]

Wow - thanks. PM me and let me know when I could stop by and pick it up. Also, let me know what you think would be a fair "borrowing" fee. Regardless, I will be in your debt.

Thanks again!

Inflation, new healthcare regulations, high prices for energy. I cant imagine that making liquid malt extract is cheap!

Back