Belgian bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve973

Reaction score
Hey all,

We bottled our belgian ale about two weeks ago, and we tried a test bottle last night. I know that it's kind of early for a Belgian, but we wanted to see how things were coming along. The bananas have mellowed, and we're really pleased so far, especially since things can only get better and smoother as time goes on. However, we were disappointed to see that we had very little carbonation. I have heard that Belgians can take a bit of time to properly carbonate, but I want to be sure. Can anyone lend some advice on this? We'd really like at least a normal amount of co2 in the bottles.

Thanks,
Steve

I have a Belgium Wit that has been in the bottles about 5 weeks now and is just coming around to taste acceptable along with better carbonation. You got some time to wait...

I still have a few bottles of my strong in the cellar since 12/03. What primer and yeast did you use? What temp is it stored at? And yes, some Begians can be slow. You should usually plan on 3+ weeks before expecting a good carb.

Wild

Latest posts

Back