Session beer from 1st runnings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, cheesy, you seem pretty laser-focused on provoking a disagreement. Might be best to just accept that many people just don't care about efficiency or sparge methods or any of that, and that's cool.

Man piratwolf, I was asking a legitimate question.

I even started a thread to find the answer. evidently the bits and tannins are no big deal. That answers it.

cheezydemon3 said:
Man piratwolf, I was asking a legitimate question.

I even started a thread to find the answer. evidently the bits and tannins are no big deal. That answers it.

My apologies, sir!

do you really get all of the little bits out with a bag? How do you get them out if you don't sparge?

I just bet that all of those fine little bits that filter out through sparging get through the bag.

No big deal?

I didn't use a bag but when I squeezed the grain small pieces came through my screen and hose. I use a homemade bazooka tube. Not certain I will squeeze again but if I do I will run the hose through a secondary screen into the BK. If I do squeeze again I will take SG pre and post squeeze. First I want to see if the brew is decent.

My apologies, sir!

:mug: No worries!

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/biab-no-sparge-tannins-bits-326187/

I didn't use a bag but when I squeezed the grain small pieces came through my screen and hose. I use a homemade bazooka tube. Not certain I will squeeze again but if I do I will run the hose through a secondary screen into the BK. If I do squeeze again I will take SG pre and post squeeze. First I want to see if the brew is decent.

The concensus seems to be that the little bits settle out and are no big deal.

Latest posts

Back