GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close enough. Either way great show. I think Hulu has actually gotten better than Netflix.

Can you watch latest episodes of Walking Dead? (when it is on)

I found Hulu to be VERY niche.

If you love 30rock and How I met your mother, it is FANTASTICAL!!!!

If you want to watch BSG, or recent TWD, or Breaking bad, you were oughta luck.

OH! and the interface is virtual Dog ****. Worst I have ever seen. Even on the Wii which has the pointer it was total crap.

(FWIW, the Wii interface for Netflix and AP are AMAZING.)

Pervy AND Canadian?

I admit I am slightly curious to know what Canadians consider pervy....

American Mary....

To me with Hulu and Netflix, it's not a better-or-worse scenario, they just fill different roles. I have both and for <$20, I'm still saving a fortune over what I was paying for cable. Netflix has a lot of great movies and some great tv shows, while Hulu has *some* good movies and a lot of current and older tv.

I hate the interface on both. Hulu because it's just a garbage interface, Netflix because it's too preoccupied with telling me what it *thinks* I want to watch, instead of letting me actually see the full catalog. (On Roku and Xbox360, never tried it any other way).

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on AP just to get access to some of HBOs older stuff and a few of the other holes in Netflix's library. I just wish they had a month-to-month plan like Hulu and NF.

To me with Hulu and Netflix, it's not a better-or-worse scenario, they just fill different roles. I have both and for <$20, I'm still saving a fortune over what I was paying for cable. Netflix has a lot of great movies and some great tv shows, while Hulu has *some* good movies and a lot of current and older tv.

I hate the interface on both. Hulu because it's just a garbage interface, Netflix because it's too preoccupied with telling me what it *thinks* I want to watch, instead of letting me actually see the full catalog. (On Roku and Xbox360, never tried it any other way).

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on AP just to get access to some of HBOs older stuff and a few of the other holes in Netflix's library. I just wish they had a month-to-month plan like Hulu and NF.

For ME AP is worth it. Same deal.

Netfix and AP battle it out for things. A few things are on both, but Netflix has 80 times the number of movies, while AP has WAY more shows.

I've had nothing but trouble with PlayOn for the Roku. Increadible selection of channels but mine keeps "loading" and "loading". I get the idea I must upgrade my internet before I can ever watch it consistently.

I've had nothing but trouble with PlayOn for the Roku. Increadible selection of channels but mine keeps "loading" and "loading". I get the idea I must upgrade my internet before I can ever watch it consistently.

I must be missing something, but what does PlayOn get you that you cannot get on the Roku without it anyway?

There is alot of redundancies with Playon & Roku, but there are a few channels that are currently available with Playon that do not have a channel yet on Roku. The biggest selling point for me is current videos that are only on the internet. Playon & Plex are both video streamers/converters for the Roku. The Plex is free.

Not that I would ever do it, but you can download a compatible torrent in a video format, put it on a memory stick or a media server, and play it at your leisure on the Roku. No skips, bumps, loading, or buffering issues. The 1 bummer is you'll have to plan your TV watching & put forth some effort to watch your shows, but the benefit is it's all for free.

Free is Key. Cash is King.

I've already saved over $150 from my cable service in just 2 months. I'll never go back to a pay service.

I just can't bring myself to pay for Hulu Plus. Ever since it was gutted it would just irk me. I do have an Android media box though that will play Hulu (albeit with commercials) and I'm fine with that but you're of course still limited. We keep netflix because we're grandfathered in with unlimited streams and a lower monthly rate. Amazon I can justify with shipping alone (even with the recent increase in cost) but I still average that sub $20/mo for both.

I did devour some of the Lost Girl series. It's not overly well done and I admittedly have a bit of achilles heel for the whole goth thing (don't ask me why, I honestly couldn't tell you if my life depended on it)... But with enough alcohol it's absurdity is rather entertaining and it's super easy thought free watching with some rather amusing tie-ins to various lore. I wouldn't give it a huge recommendation or anything but if you're out of other things and you've been driven far enough to consider going back to Hemlock Grove, it's a rather amusing alternative that takes itself far less seriously than HG (save for the first half of season 1). Kind of a super low budget more poorly written Grimm?

Well, I haven't seen any boob but there is quite a bit of side boob and semi-naked. Although the whole yo-yo between boyfriend, girlfriend, boyfriend, girlfriend gets old. I guess they do throw in the occasional both for giggles but jebus. Also, a monogamous Succubus? WTF is that?!?

Joking aside, it's kind of a super cheesy show (Ala B-/C+) but they tether in a lot of lore which is kind of interesting if you like related stories. Everything from Werewolves, Sirens, Selkies, and Valkyrie all the way down to weird things I've never heard such as "Cabbits." Seriously, whomever the hell actually thought up a Cat/Rabbit shape-shifter was doing some SERIOUS drugs. I've sucked a few of my co-workers into the show (one in particular was keened up on it and then abandoned it because he's a bit of a prude..). The addition of "a" Loki (as opposed to "the" Loki, in the show they explain it away as they propagandized themselves as being a god Loki for convenience and enjoyment) was the final straw for drawing him back in. And of course, it's still better than True Blood although I've been rather amused by the crying over the finale I keep seeing everywhere.

PS, I did say it felt canadian omg. It's funny when they label overly American things with labels we don't use down here. :) Although I'm still surprised there's no hockey. What's up with that?

Well, I haven't seen any boob but there is quite a bit of side boob and semi-naked. Although the whole yo-yo between boyfriend, girlfriend, boyfriend, girlfriend gets old. I guess they do throw in the occasional both for giggles but jebus. Also, a monogamous Succubus? WTF is that?!?

Joking aside, it's kind of a super cheesy show (Ala B-/C+) but they tether in a lot of lore which is kind of interesting if you like related stories. Everything from Werewolves, Sirens, Selkies, and Valkyrie all the way down to weird things I've never heard such as "Cabbits." Seriously, whomever the hell actually thought up a Cat/Rabbit shape-shifter was doing some SERIOUS drugs. I've sucked a few of my co-workers into the show (one in particular was keened up on it and then abandoned it because he's a bit of a prude..). The addition of "a" Loki (as opposed to "the" Loki, in the show they explain it away as they propagandized themselves as being a god Loki for convenience and enjoyment) was the final straw for drawing him back in. And of course, it's still better than True Blood although I've been rather amused by the crying over the finale I keep seeing everywhere.

What show are you talking about?

Stopped reading right there. There are just some thing I don't need to know...
I'd call you a perv but we're talking about a pervy show so it'd be a bit hypocritical I suppose.

I think you need to travel more.
In my defense, the last time I went to Canada it was for a hockey tournament. Further, outside of freezing @$$ cold winters, what else is there to be had there save for good manners? I mean, it was too cold when I was there for anything else... Oh, except for Pancakes and FABULOUS maple syrup....

Watched Crossroads last night. Was waiting for a Willy Wonka MST3K to download and just started it. It was so good we kept on watching. After that my daughter discovered we had the rifftrax to the Star Wars Trilogy, so we started that.

Crossroads is a great film. And I'm not talking about the Britney Spears movie! Talking about Ralph Macchio and some old black guy going down south to save that guy's soul. Also starring Steve Vai on guitar at the finale, playing something similar to Paganini's Caprice #5.

Further, outside of freezing @$$ cold winters, what else is there to be had there save for good manners? I mean, it was too cold when I was there for anything else... Oh, except for Pancakes and FABULOUS maple syrup....

You can get just as good syrup in Vermont, and grab some quality beer while you're at it.

What's good in Canada, other than good manners? Well, meeting different people in this world is what traveling is all about. If they are friendly and have good manners, that in itself is a reason to go somewhere.

Canada does have summer. In fact there's cool **** to do in every season. But yes, the winters are usually cold. I guess that's what forces us inside for a good portion of the year and helps us be nice to one another. Best stay down south, you don't want to freeze your vagina.

Come on, everyone knows Canada's winters are colder than anywhere in the US (Except Alaska!)

I mean IT'S CANADA!

Hey, isn't Toronto actually further SOUTH than where I live??

You can get just as good syrup in Vermont, and grab some quality beer while you're at it.

What's good in Canada, other than good manners? Well, meeting different people in this world is what traveling is all about. If they are friendly and have good manners, that in itself is a reason to go somewhere.

Canada does have summer. In fact there's cool **** to do in every season. But yes, the winters are usually cold. I guess that's what forces us inside for a good portion of the year and helps us be nice to one another. Best stay down south, you don't want to freeze your vagina.

There's something to be said for good manners. I also tend to think the women are frequently hotter up there too with some obvious exceptions. Sidenote, I had to go look up that messed up story of the Wendy's Manager/Bacon Thief Extraordinaire thinking it was Vermont but it turned out to be Michigan. :ban:

The Blacklist is now streaming on Netflix instant.
Definitely entertaining IMHO. I'm looking forward to the next season starting up in a few days.

The Blacklist is now streaming on Netflix instant.
Definitely entertaining IMHO. I'm looking forward to the next season starting up in a few days.
A lot of my friends tried to get me into this show, including one who had a very small part on one of the episodes, but the dialog in the pilot was so bad I couldn't make it through.

I find the lead actress to be vhery unconvincing during most of the earlier episodes in addition to the corny dialog. The first season developed into something worth watching, but that's just one fan's opinion.

Anybody watch much of the Bojack Horseman show? I saw the first two episodes and it feels like Family Guy was trying to be Archer, but did a crummy job of it. For me Family Guy can be funny and I will watch if I pass it on TV, however it is completely forgettable and I will change stations at the commercial break. Archer on the other hand I love and seek it out on Netflix or on TV and watch the whole episode and the following one.

Is it worth continuing or just let it go and watch something else?

Back