Fermentap for Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that's pretty sick, I basically turns your carboy into a conical fermentation vessel. If the bid doesn't get too high I'd say give it a whirl. Otherwise, you could probably make one!

Haha that's pretty sick, I basically turns your carboy into a conical fermentation vessel. If the bid doesn't get too high I'd say give it a whirl. Otherwise, you could probably make one!

Oh yeah, that...do a search on here for info on it (change the advanced search to "posts" instead of thread titles...

Evidently it suxks royally...leaky as hell.

Resurrection

I know the product has been discontinued, but is there something similar or how would you make the cap? Thanks

I thought that this would be a good idea, but then I compared the angle of a carboy neck with typical conicals. Considering how sticky yeast and byproduct is I can imagine the mess stuck to the neck of the carboy.

I have gone a totally different direction and am using standard Sanke kegs.

Tom

No, just allowing the keg to pressurize from the fermentation, chilling the keg (already in the fermentation chamber) to help compact the yeast, taking the usual sg readings will clear the dip tube and create a "crater" around it. I then use the pressure (plus some stored during the ferment) to move all beer off to serving kegs at under 2 litre a minute. Finally to clean, I pump in 2 litre of sterilized water, shake and then (still under pressure) draw off about 4 litre of yeast cake to be stored and used for the next batches.

Tom

Back