Soda extracts and kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCOOK_KY

Reaction score
I have never made soda before and I would like to try it and keg it. I purchased one of the Rainbow Flavors root beer extracts. I would like to keg it. Is it as simple as mixing water, sugar, extract together, then add to keg and force carbonate? Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Yes, however you need a dedicated root beer keg. It is nearly impossible to get the root beer flavors out of a keg, which will effect future beers you put in that keg. Also soda is served at a much higher PSI than beer. I serve mine at about 40 psi with 20+ feet of line. You need a lot of line or it will foam like crazy.

Making it is super easy just how you describe.

Weizenheimer said:
Yes, however you need a dedicated root beer keg. It is nearly impossible to get the root beer flavors out of a keg, which will effect future beers you put in that keg. Also soda is served at a much higher PSI than beer. I serve mine at about 40 psi with 20+ feet of line. You need a lot of line or it will foam like crazy.

Making it is super easy just how you describe.

Thank you

Back