PID control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrim

Reaction score
I got my Auber PID up and running but I am having trouble changing modes on it. It is just running but not running the heat. How do I change mode and what mode do I want to use?

Which PID do you have?
You say it's "not running the heat". What is your set up? How do you have it wired?

I'm totally in the dark here without a clue of what you are dealing with.

You chose an excellent PID.

Ok. Next question. What temperature probe are you using? If it is a RTD probe, the PID must be configured to handle that one. The PID temp probe default is a type K probe. BTW the PID will not function without a temp probe.

Then: What mode are you wanting to use?

The next step is to really read sections 3 and 4 of the manual. This will guide you through the steps to set it up for the devices and functions you are trying to use. For instance: Manual Mode is not set up unless you change some of the parameters when you configure the PID.

Please keep up posted.

It s set up with a K type thermocouple. I'm not sure which mode to use but it seems limit I should be in alarm low so that the heat will kick in.

Back