Tough Mudder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler1244

Reaction score
Has anyone on HBT done this race?

http://toughmudder.com/

10miles
run up and down a mountain a few times
crawl through snow
get shocked by 10,000 volt wires
slosh through swamps
swim in freezing water
and plenty more obstacles

Best thing about it is you get a free beer after!

Worst thing is it's sponsored by Dos Equis. I guess DFH used to sponsor it but that switched.

wow that guys an animal. I'm doing it next month and haven't trained at all yet. I'm just hoping to finish!

Did you guys survive this? I'm signed up for October in Texas... Nervous!:eek:

I did the USMC Mud Run last year, which is a mini version of this (5mi I think?).

I wouldn't dream of doing this race though, after barely finishing Mud Run.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I feel better already ;)

I wouldn't be worried about it. If you're competing, I take it you've been training for this.

If you're out there just for fun (and haven't been training too hard core), you'll be in the same boat as most of the rest of the folks out there. At least that's how it was for Warrior Dash and Mud Run last year.

Some buddies and I looked into doing the one in Florida later this year... Apparently, someone-knew-someone who did one in PA maybe? Anyways, there were apparently numerous people who suffered broken legs, blown out knees, and other quite severe injuries. Also, they said that a pro football player did the race and said it was tougher than playing Tom Brady in the Superbowl....

Its more of a team thing than an individual thing, lots of fun. Yes you need to be in good shape to do it. Its not like Warrior Dash or something, you really do need to be doing some training for a while.

But its a good time, and at the end, you get to drink loads of beer and have a nice party.

I had a friend that did it. They say 10 miles, but he said it was more like 15. The 10,000 volts is not interesting to me. He said he was shocked twice.

You've inspired me to volunteer for Tough Mudder Sydney 2012. If I like what I see I'll be doing it after that!

You're Fvcking insane!
My brother, a buddy and I are doing this one in September. If I survive this one and improve after doing it a couple years, then I'll look at tough mudder.

You're Fvcking insane!
My brother, a buddy and I are doing this one in September. If I survive this one and improve after doing it a couple years, then I'll look at tough mudder.

I just read about that race the other day after seeing this in a blog from the mustache man (not referring to IP's pic;)) Didn't make me feel any better about it, but I'm gonna do it...

~ midlife crisis perhaps:eek:

I believe its over 75 percent fail to complete this race. My brothers, a couple of firends and I plan to attempt it in VA come october.

I think the Warrior Challenge is pretty much the same type of race. In either case it's not like a simple mud run with some obsticles and if you haven't been training you could be in for a very hard time, plus good chance of injury.

Latest posts

Back