Fermenter smells like williamette hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumo

Reaction score
Move my batch to the secondary and wash out the fermentor Bucket, and then soaked it in a sanitizer cleaner. It still smells of Hops. What can I used to get the smell out? I soaked it over night. Should I use bleach? Its a plastic ale pail I got from my local shop.

Really? Its a strong smell I was worried about it. I didnt want the williamette smell in my next batch.

Unless your next batch is of distilled water, I really wouldn't worry. Think of the vast amount of beer that's going to be in there; really, whatever flavour there is will entirely obliterate the few ppm of Willamette residue you're likely to get. It'll be much less than the residual aromatics from a bittering addition, for one, and (as all hops have the same flavour compounds in different proportions) that vanishingly small amount of aroma will not clash.

Thank you everyone for your input. I appreciate all your comments and I will move forward with my next brew.

Back