New Fall Beer Shipment...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Yikes. The shop where I part-time just got a crapload of stuff! A bunch of stuff from Atwater Block Brewery in Detroit (there are still people in Detroit?!)...anyone ever have anything from them? I hear it's good stuff...

Other highlights:

• DFH Punkin
  • Post Road Pumpkin
  • Brooklyn Oktoberfest
  • Weihenstephaner Fest (first time ever!)
  • Flying Dog Marzen
  • Bell's Batch 8000!

Anyone had the 8000 yet? Looks like it's a really strong Wit.

I bought a sixer of the Batch 8000, it is a really good wit, bordering on a Saison, the spice in it is really nice. I got some to age but I think it will get drank, also it says on the bottle, Best enjoyed fresh, Great beer though.

Cheers

Here's the quote from my local bottle shop email I got this morning:

"Finally in" Bell's Batch 8000 All I can say get this while you can it is extremely LIMITED !!!!!!!

The best part is that I was there having dinner last night and didn't bother checking out what was new in the bottle shop! DOH!

Evan, does your shop stock any of the Weyerbacher beers? Their Imperial Pumpkin Ale from last year was perhaps my favorite of the fall seasonal pumpkin ales.

brewt00l said:
Here's the quote from my local bottle shop email I got this morning:

"Finally in" Bell's Batch 8000 All I can say get this while you can it is extremely LIMITED !!!!!!!

The best part is that I was there having dinner last night and didn't bother checking out what was new in the bottle shop! DOH!

Evan, does your shop stock any of the Weyerbacher beers? Their Imperial Pumpkin Ale from last year was perhaps my favorite of the fall seasonal pumpkin ales.

Yeah, boyee...we've got the biggest selection this side of the Pecos. Haven't gotten the Weyer Imperial Pumpkin in yet, but damn...we're waiting. I agree with you 100%...as much as I love the DFH, the Weyer satisfied my desire for a really "big" pumpkin ale. It's actually what I modeled my own imperial punkinpie ale on...though, my version couldn't hold a candle to theirs.

Oh, and we also got the Bells Oktoberfest...can't wait to try that one. I've never had anything from them I didn't like.

cnbudz said:
I've had the Brooklyn before, most of their brews are pretty good. Where is Post Road out of?

Oh, well, it's not obvious from the label or anything, but Mr. Oliver also is the man behind Post Road. Not sure why he doesn't just bottle it as Brooklyn Brewery, but oh well. It's not bad stuff. Not my favorite, but good...

:off:
I think it's incumbent on Evan and all others who work in beer/liquor stores to set up web cams for HBT.

Imagine the fun watching (and making fun of) some poor sap grabbing a 6'r of Pabst out of the cooler...

Or rooting for the guy who can't choose between the DFH60 or the Ruination.

Now THAT, would be good at-work entertainment.

BierMuncher said:
:off:
I think it's incumbent on Evan and all others who work in beer/liquor stores to set up web cams for HBT.

Imagine the fun watching (and making fun of) some poor sap grabbing a 6'r of Pabst out of the cooler...

Or rooting for the guy who can't choose between the DFH60 or the Ruination.

Now THAT, would be good at-work entertainment.

First off...no PBR. I think the "worst" beer we carry (IMHO) is Hofbrau Lager. Never cared for the stuff. Secondly, 60 Minute vs Ruination is no contest. Stone wins every time. Thirdly, a webcam in our shop would be the epitome of boredom. Yeah, we have walls and walls of great beer (got named one of All About Beer's top 70 retailers in the country last year), but once you've gawked at them all...it's purdy mundane.

Evan! said:
....a webcam in our shop would be the epitome of boredom. Yeah, we have walls and walls of great beer (got named one of All About Beer's top 70 retailers in the country last year), but once you've gawked at them all...it's purdy mundane.
Yeah but you're like a kid in an ice cream shop. The allure is gone. For those of us stuck in cubes all day...staring at a beer-store-cam or a pub-cam would be like looking out a window with an ocean view.

BierMuncher said:
Yeah but you're like a kid in an ice cream shop. The allure is gone. For those of us stuck in cubes all day...staring at a beer-store-cam or a pub-cam would be like looking out a window with an ocean view.

True, true...our belgian section would bring a tear to your eye...unless you're one of those belgian-haterz...in which case you can just go get your beer from the 7-11.

Evan! said:
Yeah, boyee...we've got the biggest selection this side of the Pecos. Haven't gotten the Weyer Imperial Pumpkin in yet, but damn...we're waiting. I agree with you 100%...as much as I love the DFH, the Weyer satisfied my desire for a really "big" pumpkin ale. It's actually what I modeled my own imperial punkinpie ale on...though, my version couldn't hold a candle to theirs.

Oh, and we also got the Bells Oktoberfest...can't wait to try that one. I've never had anything from them I didn't like.

Weyerbacher is only about 45 mins from me. A buddy and I keep talking about shooting over one Saturday..seems like a great fall diversion.

http://www.weyerbacher.com/cwo/Saturdays

The same place I got that email from had a Founders & Bells draught special with Expedition, Double Cream Stout, Java Stout, Oberon & Two Hearted. They are going to do another this coming Wed with a different lineup!

brewt00l said:
Weyerbacher is only about 45 mins from me. A buddy and I keep talking about shooting over one Saturday..seems like a great fall diversion.

http://www.weyerbacher.com/cwo/Saturdays

The same place I got that email from had a Founders & Bells draught special with Expedition, Double Cream Stout, Java Stout, Oberon & Two Hearted. They are going to do another this coming Wed with a different lineup!

Yikes...I've always wanted to try the Expedition on draught. Did you have any? How was it?

Evan! said:
Yikes...I've always wanted to try the Expedition on draught. Did you have any? How was it?

I started off with a Founders Devil Dancer triple IPA @ 13%...I was feeling that a bit so I veered off course to the Double Cream while my GF had a Java Stout (which I assisted with consuming). The same place is having another Founders/Bells draught night this Wed so I get another shot! :ban:

Based on the posts above, I just picked up a case of 22s of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin. It was my first time in the Beer Yard out by my office... Not the last time for sure. Check out the selection!!!

http://www.beeryard.com/

Ryan_PA said:
Based on the posts above, I just picked up a case of 22s of Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin. It was my first time in the Beer Yard out by my office... Not the last time for sure. Check out the selection!!!

http://www.beeryard.com/

You broke your beeryard cherry! Next you need to hit State Line & Shangys for the power trio. :tank:

Ryan_PA said:
I'll bite, which townships are we talking here...

Shangy's is in the LV, a few minutes off 309 @ Emmaus Ave
State Line is in Elkton, MD (and don't miss Durhams BBQ right in the area...worth the trip alone ;))

Those two and the Yard are the areas top rated distributors...each worth a visit in your travels IMHO. There are a bunch of decent locals but those are pretty dam sweet! Don't even get me started on bars/bottle shops:fro:

brewt00l said:
State Line is in Elkton, MD (and don't miss Durhams BBQ right in the area...worth the trip alone ;))

^^^^^
Less than 30 miles from the house. SWMBO will hate you for telling me this.

Ryan_PA said:
^^^^^
Less than 30 miles from the house. SWMBO will hate you for telling me this.

Just bring home some of Durham's smoked Brisket and she will be grateful you were thoughtful enough to bring home some tasty brew to wash it down. :)

Evan! said:

Initial feedback suggests that the Expedition is not all that on draught so far... I can say that both the Double Cream and Java were different than the bottle version and I prefer the Java bottle over the tap.

Back