Firemans 4 blonde ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffmedic

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a pretty new brewer (doing mini mash now). Im looking for a mini mash or extract clone recipe for Firemans 4 Blonde Ale. I can't find one in my searches. I had one on vacation in Texas and loved it.
Thanks!

Thanks scsi! I looked through their website the other night and must've missed it. Im stopping by there on my way home tomorrow.

You're welcome! Let us know how it turns out... I'm curious.

A coworker made it a while back (feels like a couple years), and said it was very good

I will let you know how it turns out. I'm a fireman myself so I feel obligated to brew some up.

I'm brewing it up today.

It's 2lb 2 row for the mini mash.
6lb of pilsner malt LME
2oz Challenger hops

OG of 1.050.
I'll let you guys know how it turns out. :)

Any updates on this? A FF clone is next on my list, from a lot of what I've read it's Crystal hops... I'm also thinking about the kit from AHS if I can't find a tried and true extract recipe.

I cracked it open last week, and it's delicious. I love the Crystal hops. It turned out much better than expected. It was a big crowd pleaser on a hunting trip this weekend. I added the 1% abv booster from AHS and it finished at 5.7%. Would definitley buy again. They hit the mark perfect with this recipe.

good to hear. I'm thinking of doing a brew similar to this for the summer months

I cracked it open last week, and it's delicious. I love the Crystal hops. It turned out much better than expected. It was a big crowd pleaser on a hunting trip this weekend. I added the 1% abv booster from AHS and it finished at 5.7%. Would definitley buy again. They hit the mark perfect with this recipe.

I emailed AHS a moment ago, but maybe you can clear it up for me, does their clone have a single hop addition, and how much? I'm guessing around 1.5 oz at 60 min but I might like to add another .5 oz at 10, 5, or flame-out. Thanks.

If I remember correctly it was 1.5oz for 60, 0.5 oz at 15min left, the 0.5oz at 5min left.

good to hear. I'm thinking of doing a brew similar to this for the summer months

I think this is gonna be a good one for summer. I also brewed up "Killer Lawnmower" American Wheat this morning. It was a mini-mash, 1# Carapils, 2# 2-row, 1# white wheat, 1# Munich Type II with 3lbs wheat DME. 2oz of Hallertau hops.

Back