Do you get the NFL Network?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you get the NFL Network?

• Yes and it's Free!

• Yes and I gotta Pay.

• No because I refuse to Pay!

• No and Neither does Nader (don't care).

Results are only viewable after voting.
mr_stimey said:
... if it were profitable to have multiple choices of companies, you better believe you would have your choice of providers....

Where I used to live, we did have two cable companies for several years - Western Cable and AT&T. It was part of the big plan in the 1990s to bring competition to cable. It was great and rates were kept at bay.

But eventually, AT&T bought out Western Cable and Comcast bought out AT&T. That's when I went to DirectTV.

ohiobrewtus said:
I've had DirecTV for about 10 years now. I've had NFLN since day 1 and it's included in my base package.

I could not live without DirecTV and NFL Ticket.

I was going to say this. Easier to quote.

Seriously...if you're a diehard football fan, you have Direct TV. When I moved into my latest apt. being able to install the Direct TV dish was something I cleared up with the landlord before even filling out an application.

Comcast blows and keeps raising their prices. I don't know why anyone would want them. And I hate their tv and radio ads. Acting like the Big 10 Network and the NFL Network are screwing over their fans. Whatever... carry it or don't... Meanwhile, I didn't even know there was an NHL Network. Suddenly, thats on my Direct TV package too... no new charges, no nothing. Just here's another sports channel for you.

I'll never have anything other than Direct TV.

For those of you that can't get the game,

There's Hope!

Clicky on the link and scroll waayyy down to the NFL logos. There is one for tonight's game. I dunno if it will work, but if you have no other alternative, it's worth a try!

Rhoobarb said:
Where I used to live, we did have two cable companies for several years - Western Cable and AT&T. It was part of the big plan in the 1990s to bring competition to cable. It was great and rates were kept at bay.

But eventually, AT&T bought out Western Cable and Comcast bought out AT&T. That's when I went to DirectTV.

Thats the thing with buyouts--these companies have so much money its logical to buy out the small guy, or eachother for that matter. A big reason prices keep going up is the majority of people just shrug it off and pay it, which I think isnt the right thing to do if you want prices to change. There arent enough people leaving big cable/entertainment companies--Dish/Direct TV included-- for prices to stay static.

Although I have heard companies like Qwest offering a 'price for life' on their services in partner with Direct TV. The only problem is I dont think you can default from your packaging.

Bernie Brewer said:
For those of you that can't get the game,

There's Hope!

Clicky on the link and scroll waayyy down to the NFL logos. There is one for tonight's game. I dunno if it will work, but if you have no other alternative, it's worth a try!
Hmm seems the link wont work now......

This is all about the NFL trying to get a bigger piece of the pie. The see minor (relatively speaking) sports like tennis and golf having their own network and think they can do it as well. But their attitude that we will all revolt against our cable companies is just a down right disregard for its fans (we'll screw you over until you complain to someone else). If NFL Network didn't exist, this game wold have either been the Fox game that was carried nationally, the Sunday night game, or on MNF. If I have antenna only, I have a 2/3 shot of seeing it and if I have cable, then virtually a 100% chance of seeing it. Now, less than 10% of the country sees it.

Screw you NFL.

That was some fine work by the NFL announcers last night....what a joke.

Gumbel referred to Dallas as the Packers at least four times...:drunk:

I wouldn't pay $.07 for that crappy network

A little postscript to this whole mess that I found funny:
I was listening to Wayne Larrivee, the voice of the Packers in my car last night shortly before kickoff. He was reading some quick advertising material. Apparently one of the weekly sponsors is Time Warner. The ad he read went something like this:

"Couldn't get tickets to the big game?? Well, don't worry, if you have Time Warner Cable, you already have the best seat in the house!!!"

Then he was silent for a few seconds, just saying nothing. Then he said to Larry McCarren, his broadcast partner, "That was what you call a pregnant pause......

Hilarious.

I had the best seat in the house, but was irritated for a few reasons

1. Bryant Gumball - Dude, STFU!
2. Bad color on one of the on field HD cameras
3. Deon's mic was ****ed at one point and camera was behind him

Back