What's the hardest part of homebrewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardest part of homebrewing

• Recipe creation

• The boil

• Racking

• Cleaning up

• Bottling

• Sanitizing

• Priming

• Temperature control

• Sparging / Mashing

• Waiting patiently ffor it to finish

Results are only viewable after voting.
For me it's bottling. But now I transfer to the keg, prime, gently stir, then draw off ten 500ml bottles and put them aside to mature...and the keg, well it doesn't get to mature too long! :drunk:

Brew a good beer and people want it all, you calculate it will take 10 gallons to hand out enough, but you only have 4 gallons.

The hard part is telling people you don't have any more!

A runner up is bottling.

DeRoux's Broux said:
try a wallpaper tray for racking canes and long tubes. i use a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with sanitizer, and keep it all day while i brew. anything already cleaned, gets put into the bucket until i need it, or when i'm done cleaning up.

I do the same. A 5 Gallon outside and a one gallon next to the sink, both full of sanitiser. After I use something I rinse it, leave it in the bucket and just give it a quick rinse if I need it again or before I put it away. By the end of my brew I don't have that much to clean.

Back