Wondering if this is a good deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DisturbdChemist

I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
Reaction score
I need a second opinion on this find on craigslist. All this is for $300 i might ask $250 just to haggle. any help will be appreciated. :ban:

Brew Pots (8Q & 20Q SS Stockpots/for brew & sparge)
5 gal glass carboy w/handle
6 gal brew buckets w/lids (one w/spicket and one w/o)
Copper wort cooling coil
Lg funnel
Soda kegs (2 – Coca Cola type – pin lock fittings)
Bottle drainer(brand new, never used)
Bottle capper (brand new, never used)
Siphon tubes w/clamps
Glass bottles (47 Grolsch-style, 36 Cap-style w/ bottle caps)
Vinator (for bottles – new, never used)
Ferment gadgets (fermentation lock, stoppers)
Cleaning Supplies (brushes, BTF sanitizer)
CO2 Charger parts
Keg tubes/dispensers (2)
Stainless Steel Dial Thermometer (50-550 deg F)
Carboy/Bottle washer
Label-making paper
Brew books (3)
Bottle filler (stainless steel)
Hydrometer

:rockin:

i already got the pots i need. I just intrested in the kegging equipment and the extra fermenters the wort chiller and the bottles would not hurt. Just cautious of spending that money plus i have to drive to pick it up.

Seems high for a lot of things you won't use. Be patient. The right items will show up for the right price. Patience.

Agree with what was said above, you can get refurbished kegs for $50/each, buckets for $6/each, and most of the other stuff dirt cheap at MoreBeer, and piece it out exactly as you want without grabbing a bunch of stuff you'll never need. And yeah, an 8qt brew pot seems near useless unless youre doing 2 gal batches with no anticipation of upgrading...

Back