Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they were going to debut the Guardian's project during the game. I want the action figures. (I haven't done a thread til I talk to the surgeon on Monday, but the surgery will be in the next couple weeks probably) And I really want the Red Wing Figure before I go in. I'm wanting a good luck charm.

You mean you don't know anything about the NHL/Stan Lee tie in? ANd you call yourself someone up on hockey. It's hokey, but kinda cool in a silly way. But it's better that Justin Bieber somehow being involved any day.

It sorta reminds me of when I was a kid and they had that KISS comic tie in where they were superheros.
Kinda stupid and kinda fun at the same time.

You mean you don't know anything about the NHL/Stan Lee tie in? ANd you call yourself someone up on hockey. It's hokey, but kinda cool in a silly way. But it's better that Justin Bieber somehow being involved any day.

It sorta reminds me of when I was a kid and they had that KISS comic tie in where they were superheros.
Kinda stupid and kinda fun at the same time.

No, I knew about it; I just think it was going to be this bad.

No, I knew about it; I just think it was going to be this bad.

Oh come on, how could it have been any better? It was silly blantant hucksterism from the start (I'm just surprised the NFL or NBA didn't do it first.). That's why I decided to just suspend disbelief and enjoy it for what it is. I betcha it will be gone by this time next year. But I still want the Red Wing figure.

Oh come on, how could it have been any better? It was silly blantant hucksterism from the start (I'm just surprised the NFL or NBA didn't do it first.). That's why I decided to just suspend disbelief and enjoy it for what it is. I betcha it will be gone by this time next year. But I still want the Red Wing figure.

I bet the marketing executive who greenlit this gets fired on Monday.

Just watched this last night. WOW! What a game! These guys are insane! Team Stall went up 4-0 and I thought it was over, but Team Lidstrom found a way to come back! They ended up winning like 11-10.

There were so many odd-man rushes I lost count! I wish all games could be this exciting!

They had mics all over the place and the first offsides got called and the guy who had it called on went up to the linesman and says, "You really had to call that?"

The Linesman says, "They give $20 to the first person to blow an offsides..."

I was cringing for a while to start, but the banter between the guys kept me interested enough to overlook the, uh, lack of defense, and other irregularities. It was a good reminder why I haven't watched an ASG in over a decade.

Best thing about the all-star games is that it means we're that much closer to play-off, aka, REAL hockey!

Best thing about the all-star games is that it means we're that much closer to play-off, aka, REAL hockey!

Seeing you're from Philly, I'm assuming you're watching the game tonight and I'm sure you enjoyed the first period, especially the opening minute and a half.

This is going to be an exciting stretch leading up to the playoffs. There aren't very many "safe" teams.

wtf, I'm rooting for the Rangers over Pittsburgh but Prust took a dive after that hook from Staal. The ref screwed the pooch on that call.

jtkratzer said:
Seeing you're from Philly, I'm assuming you're watching the game tonight and I'm sure you enjoyed the first period, especially the opening minute and a half.

Hah, yeah. I've been loving this game so far.

Maybe we could start a group letter:

Dear Mr Bettman,

The shootout is bad.

Please stop it.

Sincerely,

Hockey Fan

Maybe we could start a group letter:

Dear Mr Bettman,

The shootout is bad.

Please stop it.

Sincerely,

Hockey Fan

Dear Hockey Fan, Ties are worse, change the way points are awarded to incentivize teams to avoid OT/SO. 3 for a regulation win, 2 for an OT win, 1 for a SO win, 0 for any loss.

I'm tempted.

How hard would it be to just have a 10 minute OT?

10 minutes is fine, see above.

Ties would be worse. Ever see a team pull the goalie during a tie in the final mintues?

The current point system is really the only one I've found to make sense and keeps things compeititve (relatively) Unfortunetely the players/coaches don't jo for teh juggular in the finalminutes to prevent OT or a SO. To me they seem to hope to win it in the SO because its an easier loss to swallow... Case in point last night MTL v WAS.

Latest posts

Back