Benefits of having Friends on Brew Day!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edecambra

Reaction score
So I had a few friends over a couple of brews ago to watch and bar b q and drink my homebrew. One of them works at a Popsicle factory as a food scientist and while I was mashing we were talking about gravities and I was fumbling with my hydrometer and trying to cool off some wort.

Well today she gave me a well used but very functional refractometer and a PH meter that they were getting rid of !!! How freakin sweet!!!!

The lesson here:
You should share your passion with friends, especially if they work in a Popsicle factory, cause you never know how awesome they can be!

Nice gift! I wish I had some brew friends, my brew days are pretty lonely, except for SWMBO popping in the kitchen every now and then to take a peek at the boil lol

No one wants to brew with me... not even SWMBO!! Do you think starting at 12am is the issue?

No one wants to brew with me... not even SWMBO!! Do you think starting at 12am is the issue?

The time isn't a problem. Maybe start the brewday with a shower? :p

I KEED I KEED!

On Topic, that is sweet! I love having my engineering friends over when I brew. We talk some pretty highbrow stuff that I can barely follow.

On Topic, that is sweet! I love having my engineering friends over when I brew. We talk some pretty highbrow stuff that I can barely follow.

When I lived in Alabama, my best brewing buddy was a mechanical engineer. Some of the stuff he said flew right over my head. He did explain to me why 1/4" copper is better than 3/8' for immersion chillers tho.

Now that I moved back to NH, I don't have any brew friends :(
Actually, a couple for my old high school buddies are doing extract brews these days, maybe I can rope them into coming over for an "AG lesson" ;)

Back