Wisconsin Brewing Co

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewCrewKevin

Reaction score
Got to try 3 of them for the first time last night. Not too bad. I'm excited to get down there and do the tour sometime. It sounds like they have a huge facility. 80bbl system with capacity of about 100k barrels/yr (for comparison, New Glarus did 127k last year). Modest expansions make it 250k barrels/yr capacity...

Here's the 3 I tried:

Amber lager: Going to be their big seller, for sure. It's actually pretty dark in color, but fairly light in taste. Made to appeal to the masses a bit more. Pretty malt forward in that there wasn't a lot of residual hop flavor.

Brown Porter: Really hits in between a nutty english brown ale and a sweeter porter. Lot of flavor. I was expecting something more commercialized with those types of capacities, but this was very complex in roasted character.

American IPA: Good session IPA I thought. I would guess maybe 70 IBUs or so from what I could tell. Tasted like a typical AIPA with the 4Cs for hops.

Yea, I got to get over there, only about 20 minutes from me. They are certainly going for a much larger distribution like Capital. If you come down this way you could quite a few smaller guys in Madison.

I've had quite a bit from the other local guys, too. Every time i'm in Wausau I go to Great Dane (i'd assume it's about the same), adn I love Ale Asylum!

Back