Just sampled my first two PMs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phidelt844

Reaction score
Took a gravity reading/taste tested my first partial mash brews, the 'Fire in the Hole' recipe from Morebeer @ 2 weeks, and DeathBrewer's Dunkelweizen @ 1 week.

AMAZING!

I am so ecstatic. Can't wait to bottle these and get to drinking! Just felt like throwing that out there, and a general thanks to everyone on this board for all the wonderful knowledge and assistance! :mug:

I just killed off an AG batch of fire in the hole. I followed some bad advice to siphon on to the priming mixture and let it stir it. Half my batch had too much oak flavor and the other not enough. I even had two or three over carbed bottles. Other than that I totally enjoyed it. For now on I'm going to gently stir before bottling.

I have yet to add the oak or the dry hops. I'll definitely take the stirring in to account.

My first two brews were 100% extract and turned out disappointing. I received some great advice regarding cleaning my bottles with bleach, so I think that's been the culprit in the past; going to make sure I rinse all my bottles very well and use oxyclean this round instead of bleach.

One week to bottling the dunkel and I'm still giddy. I feel like Ralphie from a Christmas Story with his Red Ryder!

Back