Beer's all ready, now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woog11

Reaction score
Well my beer is ready to bottle or keg. I'd like to keg 1/ 2 and bottle 1/2. I have capper and bottles. Now for the kegging part, what would be the best before i go to far.
I have 2, 5 gal pin lock coke tanks and connectors i got for free. Order a 5 gal tank and regulator and new o ring kit for about $125.00 plus shipping, or should i go a totally different route and order a whole new kit with ball locks from someone like keg connections for about $160.00 plus shipping? Wow these last couple of weeks has snuck up on me.
I'm also wanting to force carb my keg, and i have a fridge in the garage. Thank for all your help in the past. skip in ar...

Don't see why you'd spend the extra $$$ just to have ball locks. Parts are easier to find on them, but they both dispense beer. Get started the cheapest way in, then if you really feel the need buy some ball locks later. That's my .02 cents.

I'd go with what you got...its only a problem if you have mixed kegs, and parts aren't that hard to find now with all the suppliers that are popping up. I had a mixed set of kegs, so I sold off the pin locks to make life simpler, just stick with the pins and rock and roll.

Thanks alot guys. Do these prices sound about right to you? I cant find a co2 regulator around here for a decent price, $100.00 or so. I can get a steel tank here for $60.00, vs, ordering for 70.00 plus shipping for aluminum, and a regulator, $40.00, Thats at keg connections. I guess they are reputable? I think i can just buy some hose at lowes. Are there any benefits alum, vs, steel tanks? Oh yeah one more question of many, do i need a drop tube on the co2 side that goes to the bottom of the keg?
Thanks for all your replies, skip in ar...

Back