Hudson MA water report

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrhamm

Reaction score
I brought it up before and was told to read the regional water report but it seemed like I would have to do conversions and make assumptions to come up with the right numbers for brewing water profiles. Or maybe I'm just lazier than most, I don't know.

So I sent for a Ward Labs test kit, which I highly recommend. It was about $40 and they sent a small bottle, instructions, and return label. I got my results back via email in about a week from when I put it back in the mail. If anybody is interested, PM me and I can share the report with you. It has all the right numbers to plug into BeerSmith or Bru'N Water.

I brought it up before and was told to read the regional water report but it seemed like I would have to do conversions and make assumptions to come up with the right numbers for brewing water profiles. Or maybe I'm just lazier than most, I don't know.

So I sent for a Ward Labs test kit, which I highly recommend. It was about $40 and they sent a small bottle, instructions, and return label. I got my results back via email in about a week from when I put it back in the mail. If anybody is interested, PM me and I can share the report with you. It has all the right numbers to plug into BeerSmith or Bru'N Water.

I've been out of Hudson for a few years now, but out of curiosity, do you have a short version? (good bad or indifferent?) I normally got bottled water from the store to do most brews with, occasionally supplemented with tap. I would only use a gallon or so tops of the tap so I don't think it had much impact.

Back