Beer won't carbonate in keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPfeiffer

Reaction score
So I'm relatively new to kegging, but have kegged half a dozen homebrews before without problems. I brewed an IPA, kegged it about 2 weeks ago. I've had it pressurized at ~10 psi for a week, when I tried it there was 0 carbonation. So I turned it up to 12 psi, waited a few days and still NO carbonation. I've gotten it all of the way up to 15 psi, but thinking that the pressure is not really the problem considering it's been over 2 weeks now. Like I mentioned, I have kegged before without any problems; however, this time I am using a different keg than I usually do. When I hooked up the CO2 and when I burp the keg, I can hear the keg pressurizing and I don't hear any leaking when it's attached.

Any guesses?

Do you hear co2 entering the keg? Have you removed the co2 poppet to look for blockages? Have you taken apart the co2 coupling?

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC using Home Brew Talk

Do you hear co2 entering the keg? Have you removed the co2 poppet to look for blockages? Have you taken apart the co2 coupling?

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC using Home Brew Talk

yeah, that.

try a spray bottle with starsan... squirt the top of the keg and look for bubbles. might show a small leak-- in fact, im going to try this on my keg (im having a similar problem).

good luck

I do hear CO2 entering the keg. I haven't tried taking apart the CO2 coupling yet (to be honest, I'm not sure I'd know what to look for). But did see that the keg was full of CO2 when I opened it, so i'm pretty sure that CO2 is getting into the keg.

If you're not draining your co2 tank, then it doesn't sound like a leak issue. I'd do what was suggested and take your posts apart and look for blockages. Clean while you're at it.

Side question, are you able to pour a pint just fine? Is the pressure there to push it out?

Back