The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what went in the trash...

demised_deer.jpg

~220 pounds down to probably closer to 20 pounds than 30.

Carrion flies in the dead of winter in New England?

Hey spring always right around the corner,,, and I am beginning to suspect you are not, indeed, a hippie...pink shirt had me wondering, now this..! smilyface thingy, lol..

Reminds me when I bartered for couple of large, whole(but gutted) deer, had them hanging from the porch. One on my kids saw them(thought they were dogs at first, I think I had skinned them by then) she went vegetarian and still is, the other one is studying to be a biologist, haha.

Last edited:
I put this together ~8 years ago. The stills show coyotes working on a ~220 pound doe they brought down in the back yard one night during a wicked snow storm, and they then spent the next two weeks - even in broad daylight - taking it totally down to bone. When they were finished I took an 8 pound splitting maul to the spine in two places and the whole thing fit in a trash bag and weighed about 30 pounds tops.

The video just shows the herd on their weekly rounds. They still pour through the property every 6-7 days...

Cheers!

You can't shoot them?

Can't shoot them within 500 feet of a domicile without permission (at least with a long rifle) and the odds of a buy-in in BambiLand are small.

Anyway, I love living in the middle of a zoo. The stuff that goes on can be quite entertaining - like watching a family of otters go bezerk when they discovered crawfish in our pond...or raccoon fights that inevitably lead to the loser jumping in said pond to escape...or seeing a broadwing hawk land in the middle of four full-grown chickens and then wonder what the hell he's going to do next (he bailed)...

Cheers!

lol! I suspect that would be fun to watch.
I'm just looking for a dry weekend, which the locals are predicting.
But then I see this radar thing with a river of rain from here to Dallas?
WTH!

My oldest and I pressed a bunch of apples for cider couple weeks ago and I used two gallons of the leftover as the brine base. Kosher salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, allspice and bay leaves. Best turkey I’ve ever had and highly recommend it.

Hope everyone has a tremendous day today.

I vaguely remember you saying that in the past. I didn't believe it ;)
I don't see the brilliance in it given family members that are employees and don't get a boatload of vacations days, as opposed to owners that can make their own schedules. But maybe I'm just too traditional...

Cheers!

When I worked at the psych hospital sometime I’d have to work the holiday and family was flexible to change the day so the family could be all together... cue the sappy music...

Does the bog have specials today?

I vaguely remember you saying that in the past. I didn't believe it ;)
I don't see the brilliance in it given family members that are employees and don't get a boatload of vacations days, as opposed to owners that can make their own schedules. But maybe I'm just too traditional...

Cheers!

Been doing it since I was married 19 years ago.... well before making my own schedule.

Apparently everyone in my family has had an extra vacation day or two for a long time.

Its an easier travel day for our parents, the stores are open in case you forget anything, and then on the Thursday, we can relax, flop on the couches, eat leftovers and watch football all day. We then have a three day weekend.

Works out really well for us.

If you are “traditional”. Awesome. Have at it.

Manly man hobbies, those yet to be bottle openers look like they will weight 5 pounds. I tell people beer is my gym, but I refer to moving kegs and fermenters, and manually milling the grist, not opening a bottle! ;)

Back