Greenlee Punch Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tfire136

Reaction score
Whats up everyone,

I have a question regarding a Greenlee Punch that I just received from ebay. I found an auction for a "7/8 DIA Greenlee Radio Chassis Punch". I paid 22$ for it and just received it in the mail. As I was looking at the item it noticed the markings "1/2 conduit-7/8 DIA". I am questioning whether this is really a Radio Chassis Punch (I assume he sold me a conduit punch)? Even if this is a conduit punch will the 7/8 DIA still work for punching ball valve holes and other items requiring a 7/8 hole (a 13/16 hole was to tight which is why I went with 7/8)? I am concerned that the hole this thing makes will be to big. Thanks in advance!

I believe that 1/2" conduit requires a 7/8" hole, so you should be just fine. People run into a problem when they buy a 1/2" conduit punch and expect to get a 1/2" hole. But to put your mind at ease I would do what kellzey suggested and test in on a piece of scrap metal.

Back