Nectarines in beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chs9

Reaction score
I'm considering brewing a nectarine wheat later this summer. Has anybody ever used or tasted nectarines in a beer? How'd it turn out? Any suggestions on quantity or preparation? I was probably thinking 4-6 lbs, diced, but have no experience with using fruit.

i cant really speak to your other questions but i can give you a few tips on the preparation. first peal the fruit. then chop and mash them up as much as you can. then freeze them for a day or two. then thaw them out. this will break up the cells giving the yeast better access at the juice and sugars. next you blanch the fruit for a few seconds to kill anything that may be living on them. then add them to the secondary after fermentation has died down. you may think about adding some pectic enzyme to prevent pectic haze. but seeing as this is a wheat i don't think it will matter much.

Back