All wheat extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsists

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? I want to do a SMaSH wheat beer but with all grain that would be a nightmare. I am looking to see if there is a way to do SMaSH with extract.

My plan is to do a SMaSH watermelon wheat and call it Gallagher's Wheat (or something along those lines..

why not do a brew in the bag if you want to do an all wheat beer? by doing a really fine crush and doing a dunk sparge you should be fine as the bag will act as a filter. You can also squeeze the bag to get all the goodness out of the grains as the whole not squeezing the grains thing has been debunked and tannins are really extracted due to difference in ph. Most wheat extract is usually a mixture of 60/40 wheat and 2 row.

Watermelon wheat is a great beer! Good luck

As far as I know, there's no 100% wheat extract commercially available.

If you did brew in bag it wouldn't be that bad, but otherwise it seems like you're stuck with approximately 60:40 ratio of 2 row to wheat.

Latest posts

Back