dual corny kegerator with smallest footprint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
hey all,

I'm looking at picking up this fridge for a kegerator conversion:

http://salestores.com/danbydar340b.html

I'm all about keeping the footprint for this project as small as possible since im in a 1 bedroom apartment, but at 3.4 cubic ft, i think it may be too small for 2 corny kegs/C02.

What's the smallest fridge people have managed to get a dual corny keg setup in?

Thanks guys! :rockin:

WAY too small. The smallest I would ever concider buying would be a 5.8-6.0 cu.ft. These can easily fit two cornys with only minor modifications if any.

I think I've seen 4.3cu.ft. dorm fridges used around here, but they require you to remove the freezer and mess with the coolant lines, which I don't suggest unless you know what you're doing. You could easily ruin your fridge.

It depends on what kind of kegs you have- are they pin lock or ball lock? Also, you need to measure the depth from where the hump starts in the back... not the full depth.

They are ball locks.. and yeah I will have to do some mesuring from the hump to the door (i will be taking the shelving out of the door)

I've looked online for pictures of the inside of this one and I can't find any? It says there is a freezer inside; did you have to make any modifications to the freezer or will both ball and pin lock kegs fit under the freezer?

I'm looking to buy a mini fridge this weekend and am trying to narrow my choices.

I've looked online for pictures of the inside of this one and I can't find any? It says there is a freezer inside; did you have to make any modifications to the freezer or will both ball and pin lock kegs fit under the freezer?

I'm looking to buy a mini fridge this weekend and am trying to narrow my choices.

You can read all about the conversion on this site:https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/frigidaire-model-frc445gb-mini-fridge-kegerator-conversion-89013/

Here's a pic of the inside of the Danby:

DAR340BL.jpg

No freezer! Looks like it would actually work quite well, at least in the height department.

A 4.9 cu ft compact refrigerator will hold 2 cornys and a 5 pound CO2 cylinder. I made mine from a Sanyo 4910 I bought used off CL.

Mine as well - much smaller fridge and you have to do all sorts of door and interior modifications. Having the CO2 inside is nice - no risk of it getting bumped and busting an expensive regulator, etc. A true self contained unit that way.

Put these instructions together for the tower I built:

http://www.shuksanbrewing.com/files/Tip%20-%20Kegerator%20Draft%20Tower%20Assembly.pdf

I'm going to see the fridge tomorrow. I think I'll pick it up either way; if i can only get one keg out of it so be it. I'll keep you guys posted in case anyone else comes across this fridge

Back