jmulligan's Ed's Haus Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
I'm trying jmulligan's Pale Ale that she sent me in a swap. This is the first beer of hers that I have tried. Here goes...

Poured from a 12 oz bottle, bottle conditioned, into a pint Willi Becher style glass.

Aroma - Grainy, biscuity with some yeasty fruitiness in there, some green apple.

Appearance - Deep golden with a very small white head that faded quickly. Great clarity

Flavor - Grainy malt flavor, with a slight astringency in the background, like grain husks. Very dry. Hop presence is mostly just the bittering balancing even with the malt.

Mouthfeel - Feels a little thin, and carbonation is a little light. A little more CO2 should help the mouthfeel.

Overall - Not too bad. I think the grain bill works, but there may have been a little over-sparging or something like that. Other than that I'd go for a little more malt sweetness, maybe a less attenuative yeast, or a touch more crystal, and the hops could be a little bolder all around, bitterness and flavor/aroma additions. A little tweaking and you've got a great beer.

Latest posts

Back