Whats the lowest FG you have got????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullshivit-brew

Reaction score
I brewed a batch and came in really low on my OG a few weeks back. 1.040 shooting for 1.060 kinda had a few to many home brews that night and forgot to put in 1 1/2lb dry extract.

Any how took a reading today and got 1.004 WOW! very dry beer but taste great.

Whats the lowest FG you have ever got???

I've reached about that or a point lower before. Smaller beers tend to finish alot lower than a mid gravity beer.

Dry can be good. Makes you want to down another.

For a beer: 1.003 which started at 1.035. A Beano experiment went down to 0.998, but no maltiness was left.

I just made an ultra-dry super-saison. OG was 1.075 (which included 2.5 lbs of table sugar). Gave the super-attenuating saison yeast a long, long time at high temperatures to max out the attenuation and yeast characteristics. Finished at 1.005, for 9.2% ABV. Pretty crazy.

Bottled it last week and couldn't resist cracking one open to see how it's coming along. This is a very, very interesting beer. It tastes more like a white wine -- a pinot grigio or something.

1.010 is the lowest I have gotten and I have done 5 extract batches so far. I wanted lower but I guess I need to start making yeast starters.

1.007 for a Summer Wheat I made last year. Split the batch and did one half with raspberries and one half with Lemon and Lime. But I'll be brewing a Saison this week so we'll see where that ends up.

1.008 on an Imperial version of my buddy's honey red ale recipe that started at 1.086, which makes it 10.1% ABV. I used about a quart of honey in that one, and it's aging on french oak right now. Tasting it, it's pretty hard to believe that it's actually lighter than water, there's plenty of malty sweetness left.

I have a cream ale bottle conditioning now that ended up at 1.002 - used Safale US-05. By far the driest beer I've ever made and just what I was looking for in this brew!

:mug:

Back