New sack of MO, what to make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 22118

Reaction score
I eep making porters, am working a Rye recipe, just did a stout and have a blackberry brown. Where next? I want something between 4-5.5%. What do you think?

Anything British.

Whatever strikes your fancy- ESB, mild (my personal favorite), bitter, English IPA....

I have a mild and English IPA in my pull-down.

I just brewed a Rye mild and my stout is looking to be around 4.2%, so in all I might have the mild section covered. Though your brown mild looks like something I would enjoy!

I am a man of one yeast (ok two, notty and US-05) and like to play with the grains to make interesting beers. On that note, what can I make that would be interesting and crazy?

What is a good light colored beer that uses MO? I am not very style knowledgable, I just make enjoyable beer.

When I got my last sack and SMaSHed it, it turned into BEEF BUTT ALE. Now I did not get it cooled very quickly, so I blame that. However it is tough to return to your failures. It took like two months to come around and was the only beer I had to drink at the time..

I could try that again.

How about this:

10lbs MO
1lb Honey Malt
1lb Flaked Oats
.25lb Crystal 40

Thinking creamy, light, with that Honey Malt flavor. Just a thought

A very simple recipe that turns out well and that showcases MO pretty well is:

10 lb MO
0.5 lb British Crystal 55
0.25 lb British Chocolate Malt

Mash at 154-156 for 60 min. Hop with EKG or Fuggles to 25-30 IBU with additions at 60, 15 and 5 minutes and ferment with Nottingham.

Back