I'm trying to RDWHAHB!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evorgrah

Reaction score
I'm trying to relax, not worry and have a home brew but my air lock isn't bubbling at all! I pitched the yeast about ~15-18 hours ago and its not doing **** haha. The yeast was White Labs German Ale/Kolsch Ale WLP029 liquid yeast that came in a kit from AHS. I got it shipped with the cold pack and put it in the fridge as soon as it came in a few days after i ordered it. The temp for the fermentor is at 65 degrees F. the optimum temp range for the yeast to ferment is 65-69 degrees. I aerated it quite a bit and even used a yeast nutrient. Also i believe the seal is air tight. So should i wait a week and take a gravity reading or go buy more yeast and re-pitch? I dont even know where i could get more yeast locally, there's no HB store around.

The OG was 1.069. The recipe calls for 1.052 but i used a 1% ABV booster so i figured that would raise the gravity a bit so i feel the gravity is fine.

Every little thing will be all right! Sometimes it takes a bit for the yeast to ge the party started.

Is a krausen (layer of foam) forming?

And read the link above.

not sure. im fermenting in a bucket. that link helped a lot. sometimes takes 72 hrs! i think im going to wait a week and then take a gravity reading to see if any fermentation has occurred. thanks for the advice.

my last batch didn't have any bubbles coming from the airlock, but I am currently enjoying a bottle of that brew. don't worry its doing its thing

In a bucket you never know if the seal is perfect. As the others said don't worry. Beer will be made and will be enjoyed in a few weeks. Patience..........

My first batch that is just about to get bottled took a little over 48 hours to start bubbling and once it started it went like an S.O.B. for several days!

Back