Boulevard Irish Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subwyking

Reaction score
Here is an untested clone recipe for Boulevard's Irish Ale. I based the ingredients, degrees plato, and IBUs off of what thier webpage had listed. This is based off of 70% efficiency.

10 lbs British Pale Malt
2 lbs Wheat Malt
2 lb Caravienne
.5 lb Carapils
.5 lb Caramunich
.5 lb Aromatic Malt
2 oz Chocolate Malt

1 oz Magnum Hops (20 minutes)
1 oz Saaz Hops (10 minutes)

1084 Wyeast Irish Ale Yeast

Looks good! I love Boulevard Ales and wish I could get them where I live. I'll be driving to Missouri in June for a wedding and I plan to stock up then!

I tried my hand at my own version of somethiong close to a hoppy red, a la BIRA, here. I later did it as an AG by substituting 8 lbs. of Maris Otter 2-row and cutting back on the hops (1 oz. Nugget @ 60 mins., 1/2 oz. ea. Willamette and Kent Goldings @ 30 mins., 1/4 oz. ea. Willamette and Kent Goldings @ 5 mins. and dry hopped with 1 oz. Perle).

I'll tell you what... Boulevard's Irish Ale is one awesome beer! :rockin: :ban:

I love the stuff! It is only available seasonal, last year I tried to buy a 1/2 barrel keg of it and it would not happen. ALL the Irish Ale they brewed in 2005 was already spoken for. They need to make more of it available. It does taste better to me on draft, but bottles are great as well. My local O'Charley's Restaraunt only could get one 1/2 barrel and it dissapeared quickley. Quite popular in the St. Louis area of Missouri as well as Kansas City where it is brewed.

If anyone tries this recipe, post here on how it turns out, especially if you have compared it to the real stuff from Boulevard

-Tom

plan on doing it next batch tom. ill let you know how it turns out. and im not going to bottle this one. its coming from the tap :)

next time your in an area where you can get boulevard, grab a sixer. its well worth the cash. I LOVE IT!!! im really excited about brewing it. i used recipator and the info i got from boulevard's webpage, so hopefully its close.

Back